2004 6.0 powerstroke

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by colebuchanan, Jan 12, 2004.

1. colebuchanan

colebuchanan Guest

hey all

What is everyones take on the new powerstroke 6.0 as for performance and ride and refinement

Post pics and opinions

looking to buy a new one

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

Iv heard nothing but bad things about the baby stroke. But that was the first year it came out, it is very possible that the problems have been fixed. The only stroke i would ever buy is a 7.3.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

is the 6 what they're going to be putting in the new F150s that I heard about getting diesel?

I'm thinking seriously about getting one if they're sized right. My blazer just barely fits comfortably in my garage, and even a regular cab, short bed silverado is a little too big without squeezing :eek3:

4. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

maybe the reviews are fine, but out in the real world they are blowing up. Something about a smaller motor with more boost... and also ford fucked with the computer setup that international had setup... The first year they were nothing but problems. Put down your magazines and go experience things in the real world.

5. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

it puts out gobs of power - but it's a brand new engine and Ford had to cost cut on International's model, so yes they're having some issues. SOME. Bubba would make it sound as though every one of them is popping injectors, but it's just not true.

6. Brandon92DSM

Brandon92DSM Guest

theyre starting to push the limit a little bit with these new high output diesel engines, and generally the first year of production of any new vehicle isnt the best. Theyve had a couple of bugs to hammer out, but they should be as good as the old 7.3's when they get it figured out.

7. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

Actually, in all liklihood they'll be better.