2003 Honda Civic EX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chris90210, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

I found this Honda Civic EX at a......... well not so local Honda dealer. I went and took it for a test drive today and really liked it. Of course i didn't act too enthused so the salesman would not start annoying me about buying. I noticed a few things paint wise that i noted on the pics. they are asking $12,985. The mileage is at 49,253. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary when driving/looking it over everything seemed to work fine. I'm going to call tomorrow to the dealership and offer them $11,000. Wish me luck/give me pointers if you have any. It was kind of funny because the salesman asked me if i remembered the price of it so i lied and gave him a cheaper price:o :mamoru:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Nice sized scratches along the side to the tire.
    2. Something bumped against the rim (I'm guessing cart, kids bike, possibly backing into bushes)
    3. They did not have a picture of the other side but on the opposite side there is a noticeable dent not that bad.
    4. Series of paint chips along the back of the bumper.
    *This cosmetic stuff does not bother me I'm just looking for a car for gas mileage/trips. When i saw the bumps and chips i started thinking "time to Jew them down with the price" :mamoru:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

I have seen so many of those Civics with the paint just falling right off the car.

Don't agree with anything anybody says. Never give an affirmation. If they say something you do agree with, just don't say anything. This will give them some power, and make you feel more friendly, etc.

3. g0dl355

g0dl355 New Member

looks clean
    haggle the shit outta them guys
    good luck

4. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

This does not appear to be just "falling off" it seems more like they were backing into something which i do know that the civic are notorious for have bad paint jobs.

my top dollar is 11,500. I will deal with him until we can some to a agreement on the phone about the price and we will make the price clear that because it would seriously piss me off to drive all the way up there and them change the price. This Honda dealership though seems pretty good though so I'm not too worried. When I talk to them I will make it seem like I am looking at other cars to buy so they get the impression "if I do not sell to him quick he will take his business elsewhere". The last thing i want to do is show I really like the car. Few points I'm going to make clear are.

1. College student that needs to buy supplies(books, bag, other stuff).
    2. The fact i know i will be paying around $800 for sales tax/tagging fees(some car salesmen try to use the ignorance of some people who do not know about those fees)
    3. The Problems i noticed with the car(the scratches)
    4. If price can be negotiated then I can head up there to pay by check.(Pre-approved loan)
    5. I have a few more ideas but I am not awake yet and can't think of them :mamoru:

*Note if anything is misspelled or grammatically wrong forgive me i just spent most of the time up last night thinking about it/trying to sleep.

5. ///M

///M New Member

www.7thgencivic.com if you have any questions about it.

the first thing you should do is change the MTF as soon as you get it, with the genuine honda MTF, it takes 1.6 quarts and about 15 minutes to do. honda doesn't say this needs to be done until 100k, but those trannies are fragile and need it done every 25-30k.

6. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

Honestly, I would look for a 99-00 EX with low miles.You can find them for 7-8k and they are a much better car hands down.

7. ///M

///M New Member

:werd: