2002 Hyundai Sonata V6

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by registeredPORK, Jan 18, 2008.

1. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Hey car crew :wavey:

I'm not all that bright when it comes to cars so I need opinions about the 2002 Hyundai Sonata V6. :o

I know that it gives about 20MPG in city and 26 on highway but am wondering will it be worth getting this car for $4,500 at 100k miles. That, and will it last me in the long run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :noes::x:

2. ChronoJ1

ChronoJ1 From behind

Sonatas are very soild well built cars. It will be a lot more reliable than a bimmer/merc at the same mileage. Even if you break something, repair should be fairly cheap. From the high milege, i assume most is highway driving. Since, the warranty ran out and milege is pretty high for the year, as for another 500 off.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Hyundais are quite good these days, but there is a bit of a catch to buying a used one. Parts for the Korean cars tend to be much more expensive, and at 100k on any car it won't be long before you have to start replacing stuff as it wears out (things like wheel bearings, CV boots/axles, ball joints, tie rod ends, master cylinders, ignition components). Might not be a deal killer, but definitely look into that first. You may want to get something Japanese even if it costs a bit more or is a bit older, it'll be cheaper to own.

4. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Hmm, I see. I was afraid of this but the guy that's selling it has put in new breaks, tires and windshield which is nice.

But I've been through the whole repairing bent valves and etc and it isn't that fun. :o

5. Rich

Rich New Member

Seems like a good deal to me. Hyundais weren't that great in the 90s but they're doing a lot better now.