2002 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TriShield, Sep 26, 2001.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

There are about 10 up here at the Dodge dealer now, I've taken a look at them inside and out and here's what I think.

I think they handed whatever market share they had back to GM, Ford and Toyota. Chrysler doesn't have a clue with full size trucks anymore.

If I had a picture I'd post it here so everyone can see what an abherration it is.

2. Mad Fruits

Mad Fruits Member

Looks like $hit.

WTF is this gay mayor of truckville crap?:wtf: :greddy: :tfg: :joshers:

3. Kracka

Kracka Guest

If you look at it's styling, it looks as if they took some of Chevy and Fords styling and used it on the 2002 Dodge. I think The dodges are looking more and more like Mack trucks or something!:down: Mayor of Truckville..........very:greddy:

4. Kracka

Kracka Guest

Here is the sport model with 20 inch wheels.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, that front end looks :greddy: it has gotten monstrously large.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

never liked the way they look, and judging by the '02 model, probably never will :barf:

7. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

i think they are horrible, my dad just got a new truck(see previous post :) ) but b4 he got his chevy he checked out the new ram and he thought it was horrible, with 20's and the high profile tire it looks like they have 16's on them, they don't ride that good in 4x4 trim even though they have the new IFS front end, still need more power and they are so ugly i think im gonna :barf: when i see them

8. Urinal Mint

Urinal Mint bourbon afficionado

Well, I couldn't afford the Z71 I wanted, so I ended up with a 2001 Ram. It's been a very good truck, though, and will be for another 3-4 years until I get rid of it.

I thought the 2002 model was a lot more like the Toyotas on the inside than anything. I like the trucks themselves... personally I think the Fords (F150s) look pretty lame with those large, bulky bodies and itty-bitty tires. GMC, well, it's GMC :)

9. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Well, my take is they got rid of everything that made the truck good and didn't improve what needed to be improved.

The old model looked great, flowed well, and was comfortable.
    The interior was pretty good (before the cheapo multicolor cloth) and it was one of the last trucks to have solid axle front and rear suspensions, much more durable and you don't really sacrifice any ride quality. Suicide door quad cabs were also cool. Badass diesel and V10 engines, lacking V8 gas engines.

The new one is uglier, cheaper looking inside, went to a weaker IFS setup with no improvement in ride, and kept the old weezy engines. Those headlights and grille are just monsterously ugly.

I'd rather have 20" wheels and a brand new interior on the older model with four FULLSIZE doors optional.

Buy a clue DaimleryChrysler AG.