2002 cbr f4i w/ ~45k miles

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by jeffreyliu838, Feb 8, 2010.

1. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

For 2750. Good deal, or no? It has a bunch of aftermarket stuff like woodcraft rearsets, vortex clipons, ohlin fork springs, and some other stuff. The bike looks very clean, seller tells me no drops ever, but there are some cracks on the same place at both sides. The cracks look the exact same from both sides. He tells me it's from knee squeezing too hard? It's at where the fairing meets the tank.

Rear sprocket changed out to +3 which he tells me affects the odometer negatively. Any estimates on what the true mileage is? Will the speedo read over or under the true speed?

Thanks.

EDIT: He told me the +3 sprocket has been on there for most of the bike's life.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. PcH

PcH Guest

Cracks from squeezing too hard? :rofl: That's pretty high mileage, too.

3. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

My friend ended up buying it. Lol. I saw it in person, and the explanation for the cracks are actually... Surprisingly plausible. He squeezed and they bent.

4. PcH

PcH Guest

I would never believe it's never been dropped and there are cracks from squeezing too hard. High mileage again as I've said and all the mods :sad2:

5. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

I checked it out in person. You need to see the cracks to believe it. The were totally symmetrical on both sides. The guy said he thinks that it could be from hitting something when backing out, and the knee squeeze exacerbated it.

Anyways. This bike was way smooth. Like. Ridiculously smooth. Gear shifting was really nice, first gear wasn't a bitch... I wish it were mine. Speedo was gay though. Said 50 when I was going like freaking 30.

6. BrewCrew

BrewCrew Active Member

7. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

3 up on the rear should be about a 6% change, not a 60% change. something isn't right there.

8. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

I was exaggerating a bit, but the speedo is pretty off. The seller told us that the sprocket should do about a 7% change, and that factory speedo's are already very off (he said usually at around 10%?). He already bought it, but do you guys think he overpaid? He's actually trying to sell it now LOL.

Mods are: Woodcraft rearsets, vortex clipons, frame sliders, galfer brake lines, KnN air filter, CRG levers, cupped master cylinders, ohlin fork springs. some cosmetic stuff: carbon fiber patterned seat covers, front flush mount turn signals, dark db windscreen, tank pads and carbon fiber bar ends. It's the yellow model if it makes any difference.

9. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

I'd say for less than 3 grand he got a bike thats smooth with aftermarket parts. Doesn't sound like a bad deal and isn't really that much money anyways.

10. mild83

mild83 New Member

I wouldn't have paid that, but I'm not too into the cosmetic stuff, personally. I'd say it's okay, as long as it runs. Hey, it's a Honda!

11. swedishstar

swedishstar Active Member

There are F4i's out there with 100,000+ miles

12. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

I just found a 05 CBR 600 F4i for $1800. Emailed about it, seems too good to be true.