2002-2004 WRX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by tenxia, Jul 22, 2008.

1. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Anyone still drive these? I want to find one but it's so hard. :hs:

2. niners

niners OT Supporter

i'm actually looking at these myself, there are a few for sale around here in houston/austin/dallas, haven't actually gone to look at the condition of any in person though. price seems to range from 9k to 12k for '02/'03.

3. chaggot

chaggot New Member

I've got an 03 WRX, 57,000 miles. I absolutely love it. Plenty fast, handles real well, all around fun to drive, not to mention how awesome it is in inclement weather. I highly recommend. Haven't had any problems with it.

4. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

after test driving one I can't own one. just a huge hunk of shit

5. HYEST

HYEST New Member

please explain why?

6. you know me

shifter feel, steering feedback, seats didn't feel bolted down, interior quality worse then the 1999 mustang I own now, no feed back at all while driving, not fast enough to forgive any of the above

7. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

:rofl: The interior on Subarus in general is not as good as alot of other Japanese cars, but worse than a mustang... :rofl:

8. you know me

well it is. the wrx is huge hunk of shit that has been suckridden by fagboys

9. NomadicPants

NomadicPants Subaru > *

:ugh: I have an 03 and none of that is a problem for me. Seats don't feel bolted down, wtf? And you've gotta be fucking joking if you think the interior is worse than a mustang. :rofl:

That being said, I :love: my 03.

edit: Its easy enough to find one in my area, but then again I live in CO. Fucking everyone drives a Subaru around here.

10. you know me

I don't expect a subi nutswinnger to agree with me

11. Mint

Mint Active Member

I got one i need to sell in CA if anyone is interested PM me.

its clean.

12. mar1asynger

mar1asynger New Member

WTT a 99 mustang with a sweet interior and awesome bolted down seats?

:mamoru:

13. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

Ive got an 04 JBP wrx. I love it. Ive had it for a little over a year now, drive the piss out of it all the time, it has 92,000 miles and still put down a 13.4 at 102 a few weeks back on a stock turbo. I've not had to do one single thing to it other than change the oil/plugs/filters and it runs as strong as the day it was built. They are a breeze to work on, subaru really put thought into where they placed things. Only problem with them is the transmissions, if you're into modding you can make +300awhp before your trans will grenade itself. But below 300awhp your golden.

I don't think the interior is bad at all, its no infiniti but its alright.

14. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

still drive them? there is a reason they are hard to find.

15. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

16. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I want one real bad too ever since my roommate bought one new a few years ago. I don't want to make payments on anything though. :mad:

17. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

smart decision, only buy a car you can buy outright.

18. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

:rofl::rofl::ugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm not a a Scooby sackrider nor do I own one, but you're just delusional if you think a mustang's interior is better than a Subi's.

Nice pic of a Power Wheel. Wait, that's a shot of a mustang interior?! no way. :mamoru:

19. go1d1e

go1d1e New Member

I love my wagon.. 02 WRX with 130k+ miles on it now..

[​IMG]

If you are still looking, why not look into the Saab 9-2x Aero. It is an 06-07 style subaru with a saab bumper on it. Best thing is they are dirt cheap! You can find them for about the same price as the 02-05 WRX's and typically with less miles.

20. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

They arent exactly the same, if you want a wrx and you settle for a saab 9-2x you're going to be disappointed. If you're just in the market for a decently cheap 4banger turbo with some spunk, you'll be just fine.

21. joelikewhoa

joelikewhoa New Member

So you call the crappy leather they put in your car any better than the interior of the wrx? I'm sure that the interior of your 99 mustang wasn't one of the selling points in why you had purchased that car. I drive an 03 wrx sti swapped, and yes the interior sucks ass.. do a bit of custom work, full al-cantara on the dash, headliner, seats, whatever you want.. Much better than the shitty leather they've got in your domestic crap. If you were to exempt the fact of shitty interior. The subaru all around is much better than the 99 mustang. The only one i would choose in that year would be the svt cobra. Other than that your gt can kiss my ass.

He complains about it not being fast enough. With basic bolt ons and an upgraded turbo you can pull 350 wheel out of the car for less than 5k total. With that much money, it will be pretty reliable. Just dont do it to an 02 tranny, shit sucks. If at all put it on an 03.. that year was a better year for transmissions.

If you wanted to go big, it's got a lot of potential. Swap in an ej25 with a vf39 or gt series turbo, you'll be grounding all the power.. ty awd.

By the way, In shitty weather, the car's like it's on rails.. as long as you dont have potenza re92s on them.. the worst tires in the world.

22. you know me

:rofl: so if i mod the shit out it i can make it better...really you're kidding

23. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Still doesn't negate the fact that the mustang's interior is crappier than a WRx's.

24. you know me

still doesn't change the fact that we are arguing opinion

25. nofriends

nofriends OT Supporter

I've got an 02 with some minor mods (Catless TBE, Up-Pipe, Clutch, Crank Pully, Tune) and I love the car.

Still on the stock turbo but it sees 16lbs in 3rd-5th and will be fully spooled by ~2600 RPM.

Only time it has been in the shop was for a power steering bolt that came loose off the rack and dumped my fluid. $100 later it was fixed. I have 105K on it and other than that little incident, it has NEVER been in the shop aside from routine maintenance.

As long as you dont try to dump the clutch, the trannies are fine and can hold up to 300AWHP without too much issue.