2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Subie Driver, May 18, 2006.

1. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

Just finished a few new bits and pieces to my car this year, some small parts (mesh fog covers), some big ones (turbo kit), decided it might finally be worthy of posting up here, hope ya'll like it. But if you don't, I don't really care, because I love it!

Here's the outside, with the mesh fog covers on:

[​IMG]

My RB5 replica wing:

[​IMG]

My vent scoop, to keep rain from falling straight down onto the intake and ABS (and, yes, it will be painted eventually, I'm just lazy):

[​IMG]

My dash with AutoMeter Phantom gauges on the A-Pillar (boost and oil pressure):

[​IMG]

And the newly-installed AVO turbo kit:

[​IMG]

I'll tell you what, the turbo kit is great, this is how this car should have come from the factory! It's a 6 PSI setup, supposed to add about 100 AWHP, putting it at ~215 AWHP. I haven't dyno'd it yet (just got it back up and running today), so I can't show you any dyno plots yet, but a dyno tune is in the future, just to optimize it.

2. NT2SHBBY

NT2SHBBY New Member

always loved the 2.5RS.....lose that ricer spoiler, get some gold volks with a subtle drop and you'll be good

3. Subie Driver

Meh, I like the spoiler, it's a replica from an actual Impreza limited edition car, the RB5, which was to commemorate Richard Burns joining the Subaru rally team. And he just died, so it's kind of a commemerative spoiler. Not really any taller than the stock wing, just a little more square. And I don't really want to lower it much (although an inch might be nice), I like ground clearance, I can park without hitting the bumper on curbs, and not worry about going over speed bumps. Also, dont really like gold wheels with the silver, but maybe some gunmetal Volks would be nice. ANyways, it might not sound like it, but I appreciate the input!

4. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Nice looking car. Hopefully your engine holds up!

5. ProgWRX

ProgWRX Citizen Dildo

ive always loved the RB5 wing :wtc: Rip Burnsy

6. sexhaver420

sexhaver420 Buying stuff I don't need, with money I don't have OT Supporter

nice car, needs some rims... a little short on power but id still take it :bigthumb:

7. Subie Driver

It should, it's pretty mild boost (4 psi right now, hopefully 6 after dyno tuning), and the tune will be done with engine safety over ultimate power in mind. Tons of extra power doens't do any good once the engine is broken. But eventually this engine will get tired, and then it's either a WRX swap or maybe even just swap out my block for an STi shortblock, my current heads and all accessories will bolt right up, and I've already got the turbo setup, so it will all just be retuning after than.

That's what the turbo is for! Once I get it dyno tuned, it should be putting a little over 210 hp to the wheels, about 90 more than stock. And it weighs just under 3k pounds, so I have the advantage on stock and lightly modded WRX's, and should be able to keep from being embarrased by STi's.

A moment of silence....

8. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Sweet. I'm heading back to Seattle in about a week. Once I get settled down I think I'll start looking at doing a WRX or STi swap as well. I considered just buying a new car but I like the body style. I just need to take care of all the fucking door dings I've gotten in the last year. Its rediculous how people don't give a shit down here.

9. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

:werd: