2000 Nissan Xterra

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Dorn, May 25, 2007.

1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Consumer reports gives them fairly good ratings (above average overall). I found one locally for $8900 with 98,000 miles on it, I think I might be able to get them a little lower if I tried to go after it.

For those of you owning an Xterra on or around this year, how are they?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

holy shit that's WAAAAAY too much money.

$7k TOPS.

3. Dorn

Dorn New Member

:dunno: Kelley Blue Book has it priced at $8600 in excellent condition.

4. CraneCamsOU

CraneCamsOU OT Supporter

No offense, but KBB's excellent condition rating is bullshit. Read the description of "excellent", no 7 year old daily driver will ever be in that shape.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Always mark vehicles as AVERAGE. Your expectation of "excellent" is actually GOOD by used-car value. Remember, average means AVERAGE. So What do MOST cars of that age look like -- That's average. GOOD means near-perfect. EXCELLENT is nearly unobtainable. There are NEW cars on the lot that don't meet EXCELLENT specs.

6. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

I bought an 01 XE 4wd with 58K for $10K

Way to much money for that one with that many miles in my opinion.

7. TP

TP OT Supporter

what about an 02 XE with 52k for $10K.....good deal?

8. Ronin

Ronin Guest

even if the price is above what you want go there and try to wittle them down on it, we always beef up our asking prices in the event someone wants to buy it, unless its on ad for a low price or something.

we've had used cars ud figure to be pieces of shit but we can make 2-3+grand off of them if someone pays what we ask or close to it. if its a more expensive used car we can make as much money on used as we can on a new car.

id look at the KBB trade in values and compare them to the KBB retail pricing to estimate your leeway, its generally going to be close to that unless:

they paid a lot for it on a trade in deal to close a car sale

or someone bought it at wholesale auction and paid too much for it considering the market its in

or it had problems that were expensive to fix

make sure to note any problems with the vehicle and use that as leeway to justify price reducal

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

Retail Condition [​IMG] Value
    Excellent
    $13,140

so assuming normal wear and tear and standard options its probably worth around 11k.

Trade-in Condition [​IMG] Value
    Excellent
    $9,850

Good
    $9,195

Fair
    $8,065
    assuming they know what they are doing they probably took it in between 7-9k, but this is speculation of course

say you need to think about it for the night and check out some other rigs the following day, they wont want you to do this, and say maybe if i got it for "$----- id most likely just buy it right now but im still iffy on the price"

you can probably get a few hundred at least knocked off to keep you from shopping around