2000 Honda Civic EX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mikex008, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Mikex008

Mikex008 New Member

Below the speedometer in the car there is a is green light and next to it, it says maitanence required? is this normall because i have heard that when something is wrong it will turn red or yellow? anyone know

2. Ry4n

Ry4n OG Lurker

Green is good. When you're coming up on a regular maintenance interval, it should change to yellow, when you've hit the mileage mark for the maintenance interval, it should change red. At least that's what i thought it did in my old Accord. It might change when something goes wrong not related to regular maintenance intervals, but I'm not positive on that.

3. i64X

i64X New Member

My wife's 00 EX has this. It's never turned yellow before, but it will flop to red every once in a while. I think it goes every 5K miles. Next to it there should be a black rectangular button that you can push in with a key to reset it to green. It doesn't have any effect on how the car runs or drives, it's just there as a reminder to keep up on your maintenance.

4. OneRM

OneRM New Member

correct, it doesn't work off of any sensors or anything. its basically a milage counter.

5. Ry4n

Ry4n OG Lurker

I could be wrong about the yellow part, that was too long ago :o

6. OneRM

OneRM New Member

no yellow that i've seen. Only green or red. And i see these cars all day long.

7. psyphre

psyphre User #58, OG ftw. XBL/IG - davzilla77

it goes from green to red at 12,000KMS, runs off Odometer. The older hondas did have a green-yellow-red.