20 and 16- acceptable?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Toda Party, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

What are your opinions on a 20 year old male with a 16 year old female? Ive had mixed responses.

2. bella189

bella189 Guest

i will have to go with acceptable... i dated a 24 year old when i was 16, and we were together for three years.. altho it was a big gap, the relationship worked well. top each there own

3. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

Bad idea.

You're at completely different places in life and in many places, it's not legal.

4. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

I can answer this from experience... When you're 16, it doesn't feel wrong to date a 20 year old. If you're 'mature' looking, older guys always hit on you and it doesn't seem like a bad idea at the time to date them. However, in retrospect, it's a bad idea. People in high school should not date people in college. They are at very different times in their lives with very different needs. The schedule, activities, and level of readiness (for sex/relationships), etc is very different in high school and college. Trying to have a relationship with that big of an age difference only leads to trouble when you are that young (the older you get the more of an age difference there can be).

5. bella189

bella189 Guest

jsut to clear that up... im from ontario, so it was legal, 14 is legal age in ontario

6. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

to have sexual relations.

7. BlueJeans

BlueJeans Money For Nothing

I was 19 and dated a 16 year old girl for 5 months. Best summer of my life. Age is a number. Each and every person is different. She came from a surgeons family that was completely open and honest about sexuality and it was never a problem. She was a wonderful young lady and still is.

And I've dated 20 somethings that didn't have the sense god gave a rabbit. :)

8. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

IMO, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't feel comfortable around her parents or telling my parents her age. But that's just me. My sister was like 17 when she met a 21 year old, over 5 years ago and they are now married. If the girl is mature enough it'd probably work out but I still wouldn't date a girl more than 2 years different. (I'm 19.)

9. RockChick

RockChick New Member

no problem imo.

10. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

my last relationship was 16, and i am 20... it doesnt work, for simple reasons. 1. she is less mature, simply by life experience. 2. she doesn't know what or who she wants. 3. the commitment a 16 year old is capable of is very small. and 4. they are still in HS, so they have different perspectives on love.

11. RockChick

RockChick New Member

bad luck id say! ^^

12. Lyzardegod

Lyzardegod Guest

For some it works and some it doesn't. Just based on my own experience, I'd never do it and disagree with it esp. if it was my kid being the 16 year old.

I think it's hard on the older person as well since the younger one is usually trying to figure themselves out and their personality can change and then there is going off to college and of course dealing with the parents.

Seems to me the best relationships [IMHO] work out because the people involved are on the same level as far as experience & education and usually that = agewise as well.

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Go ahead, but you should realise you're in for a shitload of imature head games, but some decent sex.

14. low20

low20 Member

it could work..i know someone in the same situation...girl 20, guy 16 or 17...theyre fine, and have been goin out for a few years even

15. weakone

weakone New Member

I've been going out with someone 4 years older than me for 2 years.

We both understand the committment to the relationship, we have a mutual respect for each other, our sex life is amazing, and the relationship itself is surreal.

The girl has to be mature, though. No head games, no hiding things.. Just straight with you. I know if I wasn't honest about what I wanted with my boyfriend, and if he wasn't honest with me, the relationship wouldn't work. Both parties have to understand that there is an age difference, and you both have to respect that.

I say go for it, and good luck. Hopefully you end up as happy as my SO and I are.

16. trigger-hippy

trigger-hippy Made in Scotland

honest opinion, no. although I'm not denying some people have had it work out, I think 16 is in the phase of ending childhood whereas 20 is decently into adulthood so no.
    My sister is 16 and if she was with a 20 year old, I wouldn't be a happy man.
    18 and 22's fair but not 16.

17. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

to most not acceptable but i say if you love eachother why hell not... but what the hell do i know? i'm a 17 year old dating a 16 year old... :dunno:

18. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Bad idea. 16 year old girls generally are not mature enough to handle relationships like adults... she'll be a drama queen pain in your ass.

19. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

As am I. I said many places. ;)

Why else would a 20 year old guy be going after a 16 year old girl? They are almost sure to have nothing in common. :wavey:

I speak from experience. :o

20. Eclipsetips

Eclipsetips New Member

8 to 28 man! Tap that haha oh shit thats wrong.

21. Telegon80

Telegon80 Guest

Dooooooooooooooooooooooo eet.

Do eet.

22. Telegon80

Telegon80 Guest

1/2 plus 7 formula says youre safe.

your age: 20

divided by half: 10

plus: 7 = 17

go for it.

23. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

:rofl:

I really hope that was a joke.

24. meatball

meatball you're the grasshole ya grasshole OT Supporter

he said 16....:mamoru:

25. BTA

BTA New Member

It probably wont work out well, but then again if I were 20 again and had a chance to fool around with some 16 year old hottie...I'd probably do it heh.