2 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Apostle777, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Apostle777

Apostle777 Outlawed in the USA

Gift ideas? :dunno:
    Was thinking about getting her a David Yurman bracelet, don't know how much girls like that though. We are long distance and I will see her all next weekend, will be a good one.
    [​IMG]

Any ideas whatsoever (we are near downtown atl)

Thanks

2. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Anniversary gifts are so personal. No clue, i don't think i received one :rofl:

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

What does she like? Make it about her and don't just give her a generic piece of jewelry because it's the thing to do.. :hs:

4. Apostle777

She runs track, loves her sorority, anything purple/pink, anything "stylish", things along those lines.

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Well, run with these interests and find something that she'll really enjoy and can use. No one says jewelry is a better gift than a pair of pink or purple running shoes.. :o:mamoru:

But, you get the idea. Find out something that she'll love and use and cherish. It's not hard if you ask her a few questions and really tune in to what he's saying.

6. Apostle777

Well I did ask if she needed anything, she said a bracelet of any kind (only kind of accesory she doesn't have) And she just got shoes for Christmas lol

7. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I always thought david yurman was for old ladies. :o

8. VA197

VA197 New Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE David Yurman jewelry!!! I have a similar one like the one pictured, only mine has the gold wrap that goes around it as well. I have worn it for years and it has held up to a lot of wear and tear. I have several of his pieces and I adore all of them!!!

Today is actually my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, and he bought me earrings, necklack and bangle bracelet from Tifany's, which was a real surprise because I'm not a huge Tifany's nut...but when I found out WHY he bought the set for me, I literally cried.

We have been watching old movies a lot lately, thanks to Netflix, and we watched 'Breakfast at Tifany's' together, and I told him it was one of my favorite movies, because like Holly Golightly, I felt the same way about the beauty of jewelry, it makes me happy because it is beautiful and although it is something that you really don't NEED to have, it is something that is given to someone out of love, to commemorate a special occasion, and every piece I own hold a special story or memory, and my daughter will inherit every piece. She knows all the meaning behind them all too, and that makes my jewelry more than just pieces of gold and stones...it makes them very precious to me.

That bracelet is beautiful, not just because it is well crafted and will go with any outfit she wears, but because YOU picked it out for her, and I am sure she will treasure it forever!

Congratulations on your anniversary!

9. Apostle777

Thank you very much for your support =) I feel more confident about the gift. It is this Tuesday and I see her Thursday, wish me luck!

10. VA197

VA197 New Member

Honey, you have all my best wishes and I am sending you all my the luck I've got in me!!! I know she is going to adore it, because it comes from you, and it is a beautiful bracelet.

Let me tell you this too, Women like me who know their jewelry recognize Yurman pieces immediately, and she will get compliments on it from those in the know, and that will make her wear it with even more pride! It's like when a woman gets a beautiful engagement ring that is a perfect cut, color and clarity, and sparkles across a room...women notice these things and it gives us a nice boost of pride that our man did a great job of picking out something of quality for us to wear!!! Kind of like when she buys you an especially nice shirt or something and you get a compliment on it, it makes you feel good that your girl has great taste and makes you look great!

Kudos to you on your taste, and once again, congratulations on your anniversary!

11. Apostle777

Thanks again lol. Now just need to find a nice place to eat in downtown atl :p

12. ForevererZero89

ForevererZero89 New Member

get her a nice pink running outfit.

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:werd:y :werd: :werd: :werd:

14. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

for my bday/vday i really want a key necklace. i love love love them. last weekend i was showing him them online, so i don't know how to be more direct other than being like "BUY ME THIS! kthxbye!"

I'm sure other girls do this, too. And, by her hinting that she could really use a bracelet, there ya go. But, don't buy a bracelet because it's trendy or it's a well known brand. Buy one that fits her personality and style. Personally, I don't like the bracelet you posted. Like BD said, it reminds me of an older lady. But that's our style, we don't know hers - you do (hopefully).

15. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

It's kinda funny we both hated it and goodwitchbeth loved it. :mamoru: She's an older lady.

How old is she? If she is younger she may like tiffany's better, or what about a watch? A nice watch is something that won't go out of style.

16. Apostle777

She is 19, she doesn't like watches (I asked), and already ha a lot of Tiffany's stuff. I see a lot of girls have them where I am (Univ. of Bama if you can't tell). Well, I'll find out.

17. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

On a side note, 'Bama's going downnn when Penn State comes to town this season! :mamoru:

So, basically it's a trendy bracelet. When I was in college the big trendy jewelry items were those silver ball earrings from Tiffany's.

What about a Pandora bracelet? You could start her with a few charms that fit in with her personality (i.e., I have a purse charm, a shoe charm, a heart charm [I'm a valentine's day baby], ordered a Nittany Lion charm, and I have a bunch of glass charms with my fav colors.designs).

And, with Pandora, you can always buy charms in the future when the holiday/occasion fits. :dunno:

I know a lot of people dislike Pandora, as well.

18. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

People crack me up with this stuff. You've been together two years and you aren't sure what to get her? Have you actually gotten to know her, or have you been too busy plowing daddy's little sorority girl to notice that she has a personality?

19. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:bowrofl: a 19 year old girl with endless amounts of overpriced Tiffany's jewelry is going to hate that bracelet. You honestly can't think of anything more personal and less cliche for the woman you've been with for 2 years?

20. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

yeahhhh I think you're right :hsd:

Apostle, what else does she like? Don't get her jewelry just because you *think* that's what you should get her. It's been 2 years now- get her something personal.

21. Apostle777

Actually I like that one. I was thinking about getting her a Pandora bracelet, but did not know much about it other than you add charms to it.
    And no, Penn st. is going to be destroyed

22. Apostle777

Well she got new shoes for Christmas, I got her a much needed wallet for Christmas, and I have gotten her a shoe rack thingy for doors for college. And i know what she likes, but she has enough clothing, has tennis shoes, has purses, needs nothing from her sorority, nothing for school. I mean she needs a car, but thats about 20x my budget :ugh:. I made her a photo album and dvd for out 1st anniversary. So I know what she likes, and i know she needs a bracelet, and I know she loves pink and purple, I just do not know enough about jewelry to know how that all fits together.

23. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

why not just take her somewhere nice?
    Why do you need to buy her something? Why can't you do something for her?

24. Apostle777

I am doing both lol.
    I know this little spot In GA, got a great view of a lake that no one knows about, very nice. Having lunch there. Then downtown atl for either italian or chops.

25. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Do you think she is getting you something for your anniversary too?