GUN 2 types of Mossberg's at Walmart? Questions.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SirSmith, Mar 23, 2006.

1. SirSmith

SirSmith Banned

Alright so they had the Mossberg 500 12 and 20 guage shotgun for like $200 which is $50 cheaper than Bass outdoor shop.

The also had another Mossberg 12 guage there for like $150. anyone know the difference? mainly the amount of rounds it holds?

And also is the kick that bad with a 12 guage and pistol grip?

2. dougfir

dougfir i luf korean grills

maybe the $200 one comes with 2 barrels?

3. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

thats the only thing i could see possible

4. SirSmith

SirSmith Banned

Ya it was a mosberg 500 said accpts 2 3/4 and 3" shells, and was also quoted as 12ga and 20ga. Im guessing the other one was straight 12 guage? Pretty much I would want the 500 correct.

Im moving into a pretty crappy part of town and really want it for home defense, pistol grip, shorter barrel posted next to my bed in the room that would always be locked.

Also I Deal in numerous shady type business's that I would/and legally allowed to carry it within my car. GA.

5. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

the cheap one was probably the youth model. I was just at walmart tonight eyeballing the mossberg's, they had a combo model 500 that came with two barrels for $260 or $270 or something like that.

I already have a mossy 12 guage with a pistol grip and 18.5" barrel, it's not fun at all to shoot it like that. There's a grip made by Knoxx Industries that makes a pistol grip that's suppose to greatly reduce recoil, if I feel rich one day I'm thinking about picking it up and giving it a try.

6. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

The cheap version is the Maverick 88. It's the same gun but the safety is in a differant spot and you can't use interchangable Mossberg 500 barrels on it. The $200 Mossberg 500 doesn't come with anything extra. You can change the chokes and barrels, though. I don't think that you can install a 20 gauge barrel without changing some internals but it's easy to get a shorter, longer or rifled barrel for it. I think Big 5 still has the 8 shot/20 in barrel Mossbergs on sale for $240. That one comes with both a pistol grip and a standard stock. You might wanna check that one if you're close to one.