2 quick questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bigman7903, Aug 20, 2006.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

ok, i have a mbp, and i also have a creative zen nano plus. is there a way for me to get these to work together, i only have software that is windows compatable.

second, what the heck is virtural PC and Entourage?

I lied, i thought of another, i have an external HDD from my windows comp, but when i use it on my macbook, it's read only, how can i change this

thank you

2. smallsharpteeth

smallsharpteeth Lombardi Trophy #7, coming soon. OT Supporter

Not sure about the first one, but the second two I can help.

2. Virtual PC is a program that you can install windows on so you can run windows programs on your mac. It pops up like a regular program and does not require you to boot up your computer in windows to use it. Since you have an intel mac, you can also partition your HD and install windows on it if you choose, that would make more sense than using virtual PC.
    Entourage is a mail program that comes with microsoft office. Use Mail instead, it's much better.

3. And external HD formatted on a PC will not let you write on a Mac. Your going to have to reformat your HD on your Mac and then you will be able to write from both your PC and Mac, if your HD is compatible to do that, as mine is (I built mine, bought the casing and HD seperate).

Good luck.

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

then how do i load the windows software, is that possible

4. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

1) Don't think you can make a Zen work with iTunes.

2) Virtual PC allows you to run Windows on a PPC based Mac, albeit slowly. VPC is not supported on Intel Macs. Intel Macs use Boot Camp instead to run Windows natively.

Entourage = a pathetic attempt at Outlook like functionality for OS X. Not worth it in the least.

3) Your Windows HDD is probably formatted with NTFS, and if that is the case OS X can only read it. If you want to write to it via your MBP, you'd need to use BootCamp to dual boot and boot into Windows. OS X cannot write to NTFS partitions.

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I'm not really concerned w/ iTunes, i know that it definitly won't work w/ it, my problem is that the creative comes w/ it's own software which is windows, is there a way i can get it to run w/o having to dualboot

6. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i feel like an idiot now, thank you, ive never tried to do it like a usb drive, it works, :embd:

awsome, thank you, now i need to buy some DVD's so i can back up all this stuff before i reformat it :bigthumb: :bowdown: