A&P 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by AnoesisX, Nov 29, 2008.

1. AnoesisX

AnoesisX New Member

I'm Sure Its been covered before (at least the first question) but....
    1. First Time DSLR Buyer, looking to get either a nikon d90 or d300. I plan on using it to take all sorts of pictures mostly events at clubs and concerts and models (which will posibly used for a local magazine) Is it worth the extra money to get d300 for build quality etc. and my skill set (beginner) plus what lens would work the pics i said im going to take.

2. where should i order from? Checked out prices and found http://www.prestigecamera.com/ has the cheapest prices have no clue if they are reputable.

2. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

1) Depends on how serious you think you'll get. D300 is a better camera but the D90 is very capable. If you can afford the D300 I'd say go for that. Nikon crew can help you out with lenses...

2) Do not order from prestige camera unless you like getting scammed.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo

Order from B&Hphoto.com, adorama, 17photo, amazon, etc

3. johan

johan Active Member

you know....a D300 and the rumored 35 f1.8 afs would make for a really nice, really capable kit that would be able to take you interesting places in your photography.

4. NetChemica

NetChemica OT Supporter

You probably won't use the D300 advantages. At least not gain some skill, and by that time the body will slowly become outdated.

I say definitely go for the D90 and use the extra money on some quality glass.

5. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

D300 has no auto mode, so you'll be forced to learn the camera and its functions. If that's a goal, the get the 300. If you want the occasional auto mode, get the D90. Same sensor, different cameras. As far as lenses, get a fast and cheap prime and a good walk around lens. 18-200 VR would be a good walk around and maybe the 50 1.8 or 1.4 would be a good compliment!

As far as where to buy... Adorama, B&H, and buydig are the 3 places I've bought stuff from before online and never had issues with either!