2 questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Skoles, May 20, 2005.

1. Skoles

Skoles Guest

In a program, like Illustrator or Photoshop, when you choose a palette that has a dropdown (like blends in PS or transparency in AI) you can only pick one at a time. On a PC the menu stays selected so I can use the arrow keys to cycle through. This is one features I'm hoping is hidden or a workaround is available since clicking & dragging sucks.

The other is I need to find a mouse that is:

1- multi-buttoned & recognized by the Mac
    2- is very sensitive & presise
    3- is comfortable to use for a long period

I went through a few mice this week, trying different kinds. I have my old Logitech Click Plus which is wireless optical. It takes (2) AA's which make the back heavy & cause strain after an hour or so of design work.

I tried the often-hyped MX1000 laser mouse and loved the precision and the fluid movement. But the dropoff in the back was too sharp so my wrist was at an odd angle, plus the area for the thumb was too narrow. I tried some MediaMouse that Logitech also sells and, while it felt great to hold and the precision was OK the mouse wouldn't register clicks on the Mac (I used it on the PC at work & it was fine). And to boot, the buttons required some work to push depending on where you rested your hand, so again, it lead to a sore arm/fingers.

I like the look of that "The Mouse" mentioned in the BT mouse thread, but not sure if I like the Mac mouse shape (never used the one that came w/the G5).

Any recommendations?

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Hmm...that studio mouse looks nice. No way I can try them first tho.

4. maczter

They carry them at Comp USA if you have one of those near you.

5. Skoles

Skoles Guest

They didn't have the studio mouse but the Kensingon Optical-Wireless mouse works beautifully. The silver w/chrome trim fits nice too.

6. maczter

:cool:

7. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Any solution to the first issue?

8. maczter

hmm...not really shure what you're asking. i thought i knew, but when i tried what i thought you meant, it worked as i expected.

9. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

Mx1000 > * :)

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:werd:

11. Skoles

Skoles Guest

MX1000 sucked. Sorry.

As for the issue. On Windows, when you select a box that has mulitple options in the drop-down the item selected will remain highlighted so you can use the arrow keys to scroll through. On the Mac, when you do the same the item is chosen & the box deselected. It drives me nuts when trying to cycle through the different layer blends Multipy-Darken-Screen-Lighten...etc.

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:bash: :ughj: :gtfo2:

13. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Read my reason for hating in the 1st post. This Kensington feels exactly how I want. Plus it doesn't feel cheap.

14. maczter

Ahh. Now I follow ya. Just click on the pulldown menu and release to get the focus set on that menu, then use the up and down arrows, or press the first letter of the item you're looking for if it's an alphabetically sorted pull-down like a list of states on a web form, etc.