2 questions v. iCurve and macbook with external Display

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Jun 22, 2006.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I'm saving up for a macbook that I'll hopefully buy before the end of the summer, and I want to get an iCurve and wireless keyboard and mouse and hook it up to an external monitor.

First question, anyone have any experience with the iCurve? Any melting, is it pretty sturdy etc?

And, do you all think that a macbook would be able to support a widescreen 27inch external HDTV LCD? I'm going with either a Viewsonic or Samsung, but leaning twoards the Viewsonic because they are pretty inexpensive.

Thanks.

2. Halon X

Halon X New Member

I've used an iCurve for the last couple years, first with a number of 17" Powerbooks and now with my 15" MacBook. It's super sturdy and zero issues with heat, it's very solid plastic.

I don't see any reason why the MacBook wouldn't drive your 27" LCD, I guess ultimately the preformance will depend on the resolution of your TV. I've had zero problems driving a 30" ACD.

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Thanks a ton, after posting I searched for iCurve reviews and found a bunch of good sites, and the reivews have been flawless.

4. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i've got one, love it.