2 Questions for you brolys...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Bush77, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

#1 How often should i switch deadlift grip? I'm doing christophers routine if that makes any difference.

#2 What advantages are there to doing 5repsx5sets? As opposed to 3x10, 3x10/8/6, etc. I feel when im doing 5x5 i can manage a couple more reps, but wouldn't be able to up the weight much. if that makes any sense...

thanks in advance.

2. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

why can't you up the weight?

3. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

I feel like i would have sloppy form. My last set of squats tonight was 160lb x 5 reps (i started squating 2 weeks ago) and i could have gone for at least 2-3 more reps but figured i should just stop at 5 like the routine says. Am i following christophers routine too closely? If i can do more reps should i definitely do it?

4. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Do more weight then.

5. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

:nono: You must be all kinds of stupid. He's just started squats and is working out his form, adding more weight is going to put him out and fuck his back then he'll be laid up in bed where he can't work out.

Get your squats clean first and work on strengthening your mid-section so that you can keep your form with heavier weights

For now it might be a good idea to increase your reps until you get comfortable enough to increase and max out on your legs w/o injuring your back.

You really need to be patient with squats and dls because the penalty for failure is serious and possibly ongoing injury.

6. Regnevelc

Regnevelc New Member

I think your grip should stay the same at all times on the deadlifts. At least mine does, I am sure if I switched it I couldnt pull as much.

7. Grouch

Grouch Guest

You should train with an overhand grip until failure then switch to alternating.

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

:werd: I train with overhand grip til I just can't hold it anymore, then switch it up to an under/over

9. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

i'm only dling about 215lb x 5 right now (again, only started a couple weeks back). How will it benefit me to use pronated grip as opposed to alternating?

10. Grouch

Grouch Guest

Works teh grip more duh!

11. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

heh you and you're grip... ;) well maybe i'll throw in a set of those too. given i do 215 x 5 with alternated grip, how much should i try for with pronated grip.

12. Grouch

Grouch Guest

just do your whole normal workout with a pronated grip. once you cant hold it anymore switch.

13. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Stop looking at me, swan.

Should I be doing regular deadlifts or straight-leg deadlifts? Or can I switch it up every week?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.