2 questions. 1 thread.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MagiusX, Jul 21, 2003.

1. MagiusX

MagiusX Don't let the man keep you down

Im not sure if this is the right place for these questions, but here goes.

1. What can I do for my company's webpage to get it higher on the list during a search from like yahoo or msn? The web address is www.customfabricate.com

2. We would like to email customers our newsletters, this wont be spam. Anyone who receives an email will have requested it. Basically my boss wants a way for the email to contain our newsletter without having to click any links. Sorry for sounding like an idiot but I am very new to web design. Is there a way that I could design it like a webpage and have it displayed in the email?

Thanks for taking a look. Again I apologize for my ignorance.

2. carlin

carlin Guest

1.0 I dont see your company's name anywhere in text... google(and others) index a site based on the content of the site...

1.1 under services, you can spread the content thru out the page, instead of just having it in the div and having the overflow to auto, because the scroll bars in the middle of the page look ugly...

1.2 change the title for pages to include more information then just "home","our products" ...(i.e include your company name in the title) but don't go crazy and have a 700 word essay for the page title...

1.3 my personal taste...i dont like red on the products page menu...nothing to do indexing....its just looks ugly to me... and also it was very hard to notice

2.0 just send the newsletter as a "html email", there are several ways of doing this... just look on google, u will tons of examples...

3. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

When people singup for the email you might want to have them choose an option of wheter they want a feature rich HTML version or the low key text only version. Then you can send out two versions of ti and avoid pissing people off.

4. Nocera

Nocera ...

1. You need some actual text on your home page.
    2. Title tags like Carlin mentioned.
    3. Header tags wherever possible.
    4. Targeted keywords in your body content.
    5. Links back to your site from other domains with your keywords in the link text.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

5. carlin

carlin Guest

look into sending a multi-part email... like rob said... just incase the client doesn't have email client that understands html

6. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Check out www.searchengineworld.com for some tips, I was there quite a bit today cause my company's page also needs to move up in the listings (heh, as it is it has no content and no meta tags, so it can't be much worse).