MIL 2 OCS questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by widds2v, Feb 18, 2009.

1. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

A guy I work with is trying to go OCS but I think he's spewing some bullshit, don't want to call him out until i get facts...

1. Does the OCS board meet every single month of the year? Honestly doesn't make sense since no other promotion board does.

2. Can you submit your package prior to earning your degree, and have them decide "yes we want you", then hold onto your packet until you get your degree upon which you're immediately detached from your command and head to OCS?

This is all Navy btw.

2. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

1.) No, they don't meet monthly (at least for active duty submissions)
    2.) No, the programs for the navy absolutely do not, if you're currently active duty, let you finish your degree then say "you're good to go now"...

-FC1(SW) :rofl: like that means shit here

You can find all this info on BUPERS, I suggest you at least read/skim through the instructions and what not, this type of shit is always on E-6 and up exams and you can help your shipmates out with what you learn.

3. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

ya i figured as much, he is supposed to finish up his last class by end of may but seems to think he is submitting his package this month lol. he is already trying to pass down all his collateral's since he is thinking he's leaving in june..

-IT2(SW) :hsugh::mamoru:

4. crucial_fiction

:hsugh::hsugh: yeah only reason I put that in there was to tell you a little of who I was :hsugh::hsugh::mamoru::mamoru:

Anyways, there are lots of programs out there, and I've put some of my guys through STA-21, CWO Flyer and a couple of other ones (all have been accepted, 5 now actually), you just don't 'get a degree' and automatically qualify for OCS out the gates...

5. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

honestly he has a good package (father retired SWO captain, all of his interviews/recommendations are from captains & admirals that served with his dad)... went through BUDS w/ medical disqual at some point in it, etc... but without that degree they are obviously not going to give a shit.

6. crucial_fiction

ahhh and then there is the hook up factor...sounds like he has it nailed...he'll probably get it...though after he has degree in hand...and it may be a little longer than June.

7. JSin

JSin New Member

Navy doesn't have degree completion program like the Army?