GUN 2 matches, 1 range, 1 weekend, Videos/Hatcam

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Feb 23, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

This was a pretty busy weekend for me. IDPA and USPSA were back to back, Saturday and Sunday at Renton Fish and Game club, and this was my first match as Match Director. So on top of shooting both matches, I had my brain flooded with things to do to get my match going.

Anyhow, it was well received, and I received a lot of posittive feedback on my match. I designed 5 out of the 6 stages with the 6th being the classifier.

I'm still hurting from this weekend, feeling like an old man, I'm popping Ibu like it was tic tac.

I has videos.

IDPA, Saturday, Renton F&G
    [y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZH-qCLnzco&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZH-qCLnzco&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]
    USPSA, Sunday, Renton F&G
    [y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vxigkm4aJqw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vxigkm4aJqw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

2. Looked like a great time. Sorry I missed it. Just think, while you guys were having fun I was patiently waiting for half-retards to learn how to work their magazine releases at my class.

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

lol, you pick anything up useful from the class?

4. Not really. They weren't big on my thumbs-forward grip or me using the slide release, but I was much faster and more accurate than anyone else there, so I just kept doing my own thing.

We did one exercise where we were to draw, go to low ready, bring the gun up and fire, go back to low ready, and then holster. We did that every time the instructor blew the whistle. One of the guys drew, went to low ready, fired, and then didn't realize that he was empty and the gun was at slide lock. He then brought his gun back to low ready (at slide lock) and holstered his gun (still at slide lock.) At the whistle he drew, went to low ready and then brought the gun up to fire. Only when he pulled the trigger did he realize that his gun was STILL at slide lock. He then fumbled his reload and looked like even more of an idiot.

5. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

:cool: cool stuff

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

wtf kind of grip did they teach?

7. Where your strong hand thumb is bent slightly and your weak hand thumb is on top of it.

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

who was your instructor MG? What kind of grip was he pushing?

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

wtf, cross thumbs :ugh:

who was the instructor? Did you explain how that unlocks your support hand wrists?

10. Marty taught some of the class and Jay Vosburgh helped him out.

11. I didn't want to argue too much. I made the mistake of putting down "USPSA and IDPA" on the part of the introduction questionnaire where they asked for a description of your shooting experience. From that point on I was called "IPSC man." They were good natured about it though.

It was Marty's position that the crossed thumbs helps "lock down" the gun and manage recoil. I don't have any recoil management issues with thumbs forward.