A&P 2 galleries, simpleviewer

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, Aug 12, 2006.

1. So I finally got around to making a show gallery for my work. My boss is pretty happy with it. I'm not though because the simpleviewer tag is on the bottom and I can't figure out how to eliminate it. :o

Here's the link to the car show galleries that I've completed soo far.
    http://www.sukistyle.com/TriState/CarShowIndex/TJ12index.html

Also I have done one for my own website, my fireworks gallery. I'm not sure if anyone's seen it so here it is. And I did manage to hide the simpleviewer tag on this one. I try switching the files from this gallery to the new gallery and no changes are made... I'm totally stumped :run:

http://www.sukistyle.com/shoot/July4/index.html

2. nevermind there was just alittle lag, I fixed everything, well not 100% I still have to change the page names and get rid of the extra pic slots. Easy work for tomorrow :)

3. mojito

mojito New Member

first one on the fireworks doesn't load.

I figured out the background pic one, but still having issues implementing into a regular html page.

an old wedding gallery

4. Yea I just noticed that.

Yea I tried to do the background image thing also. I was at work doing it though and I wasn't trying to over extend my estimate project complete date so I gave up.

I think what you have to do though is first make a html page then imput the simpleviewer page elements. Originally I was trying to include the background image to the simpleviewer html page and I'm sure you were trying to do the same. Try doing it the way I suggested I'm sure it'll work correctly.

EDIT: oh snape! It looks like you got it, but it looks like your positioning is off or you should smoothe out the sides/corner to make it look more like it's part of the background.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

6. widebaudi

widebaudi New Member

7. Oh wow that's not too bad for a simple html webpage, he did a pretty smooth job of integrating simpleviewer. :bigthumb:

8. mojito

mojito New Member

9. Homeboy, do yourself a favor... Learn CSS. It'll save you alot of time and headache and it's very quick and easy!

I must say, like the new site though. :bigthumb:

10. mojito

mojito New Member

i got no frikking clue where to even start

11. I forgot you don't like coding and web stuff. :hs:

Hire someone.. hint hint :mamoru:

12. mojito

mojito New Member

mah, i'll learn the hard way. this is the firs site that wasn't 100% photoshop made, not its just for the logos/links bars

13. Believe me I know. But I do have to say you've got an advantage over me, my site still isn't built, I spend way too much time nit-picking my stuff, I want it to be perfect. I already have my html/css version built, now I'm working on the flash version :naughty:

14. mojito

mojito New Member

yeah, someday maybe. for now I keep hearing theres a lot of people that can't see all flash websites, so that potential clients that can't even access it. I guess you could do a split homepage 1 site for each kinda thing.

my site isn't great, but atleast its something up. and copared to my competition up here, its atleast more useful.

15. That's why most website's intro pages allow users to select whether they want to view the high speed flash or low speed connection html version of the website they are visiting. That's what I'm doing :dunno:

16. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

ive got simpleviewer set up for my night life event pics, but have not yet published it. anyone know how to set it up to allow people to download the picture (when right clicking)?

17. mojito

mojito New Member

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/faq.html

enableRightClickOpen - Whether to display a 'Open In new Window...' dialog when right-clicking on an image. Can be "true" or "false"

imagedata.xml file:

<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="800" maxImageHeight="600"
    textColor="0xffffff" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="20"
    stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3"
    navPosition="left" title="Example SimpleViewer Title"
    enableRightClickOpen="false" backgroundImagePath="bkgnd.jpg"
    imagePath="my_image_folder/" thumbPath="my_thumb_folder/">

18. :bowdown:
    I woud never use that option though. Just put a photo ID number below your photos, tell people if they want it to cough up a couple dollars or something.. :dunno:

19. saebryan

saebryan New Member

fireworks :eek5:

20. mojito

mojito New Member

well yeah, but others aren't in the same boat. I'm going to end up getting the EOS template software for ordering pics from. I thought about pictage, but I want to do the printing for now.

21. :confused: What, you don't like? :hs:

22. Yea I'm also thinking about getting something like pictage. I'm always concerned that they're going to send my customers the photos with pictage logos everywhere... That wouldnt look very professional.. :hs:m

23. mojito

mojito New Member

i doubt they would, maybe something on the back. I should order something and find out. Theres some really prominent wedding photogs that use it and I don't think they would settle for that. david jay shot my roomates wedding, I should order a pic and see how it comes out.

24. A friend of mine actually suggested www.smugmug.com I checked it out and it looks pretty cool. Here's one of his sample galleries. :dunno:

$150 per year for unlimited storage fully customizeable professional package. He has it so it looks like it's a part of his website, it even has his url not a smugmug url and no mention of smugmug anywhere in the galleries. Pretty sweet :bigthumb:

http://www.savonastudios.com/proofs

For a sample click the
    Leason gallery
    Password = m1k3

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2006
  25. mojito

mojito New Member

you had me intrested until the checkout

[​IMG]

whats with the pricing? is it customizable, and if so, why he'd price so low