2 factor authentication

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DAN513, Nov 18, 2005.

1. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

Anyone using it at work? Brands, cost, type?
    We're starting to look at it for our new budget in june and just starting to put together our wishlist.
    Looked at biometrics, but it seems too easy to bypass, looking more at rsa fobs.

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Use it at work, us it at customers. Personal best was 4 fobs on my keyring at one time.

Expensive if you have a lot of users, not too bad if you don't. Shop around for local resellers, they can sometimes get better pricing than CDW and such. The fobs expire usually after 2,3, or 4 years so they have to be replaced, and they are not cheap. How easy it is really depends on what you are integrating it with. The RSA software is a snap once you figure it out (it's not intuitive, like they don't start their own fucking services automatically by default!)

Beware of their desktop GINA replacement. I haven't had a chance to use it but I've heard not-so-nice things about it.

As for security and ease of use for your end users, it rocks. They even have "software" fobs for windows, CE, Palm, Nokia, and Blackberry. No, software fobs are not free.