2 Computer Questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by icecreaman420, Jan 18, 2004.

1. icecreaman420

icecreaman420 OT Supporter

2 Computer Questions(Post #1)

1) I recently put Win Xp Pro on my computer. PIII 450mhz, 640mb ram. I can not burn cds with my burner. the only way is to use media player and it takes over and hour. Roxio and Nero both just stop buring when they are about 75% complete. I am thinking maybe i need cd rom drivers but on HP's website the only driver si can find will cost me 10bucks so i can have a cd shipped to me. Any suggestions of things I can try.

2) In IE after the page loads, in the lower left hand corner it says "WYSIWYG editor initialized for internet explorer in 0.07 seconds" what is this it used to just say how many images were left to load.

Thanks for the help

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

1) On a machine that old, the drive is probably not quite compatible with XP. Get a new 52x drive for like $40.

3. icecreaman420

If i can find drivers do u think it would work? just dont want to spend money on this thing

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

You may need to upgrade the firmware on your drive, not the drivers.

WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get. Referred to as HTML editors such as Frontpage and such which allows you to create web pages graphically, not just by typing code. I have no idea why you are seeing that in your browser window.

5. icecreaman420

Coulf you please explain to me how to update my firmware

Thanks

6. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

It sounds like you did an upgrade install of XP ontop of an older version of windows.

If this is true I would recomened formating everything and starting over with a fresh install.

7. icecreaman420

COmplete format never had a problem like this before, looking like im goiing back to 98 where everything worked

8. carlin

carlin Guest

are u getting that "WYSIWYG Editor" on everypage???

because I think it's because you have the "Message Editor Interface" for OT set to "Enhanced Interface". (to turn that off go to "Quickies" > "Edit options" > "Message Editor interface" (bottom of the page)

9. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Go to the manufacturers site of the burner and look for a firmware update. It will be an install program that will update the drive.

CM.