SRS 2 chicks for roomates

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Coddle, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Coddle

Coddle New Member

So I have been living by myself for about 4 months now, but have been offered to move in with two women (i'm a guy). One is my age, and the other is 30 years old. They are both cool, and I'm friends with both of them. Moving in with them would save me about $450 a month (i'm 21 years old, so quite a bit of money), plus i would get all 3 garage bays (would have plenty of area to work on my streetbike) :bowdown:. I guess I am just wondering if something like this would be a bad idea, I have never lived with roomates before (I live by myself right now), let alone 2 women.

I guess I am reluctant to move in with 2 women, since I am used to living on my own terms and freedoms. What does OT think?

2. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Will you be on a lease? If not then go for it because you can always leave if things don't work out.

3. Coddle

Coddle New Member

no lease. $500 a month plus 1/3 of the utlilities. I pay $850 + electricity right now.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

how big of a deal is that $200 or so you'd be saving a month?

Exactly how well do you know these women? Friends? Close friends?

Do you have ANY romantic interest in either of them? Do they have any in you?

5. Coddle

Coddle New Member

I would actually save about $400-450 a month. I use to work with both of them, don't anymore. They are just friends, although the older one is attractive. I wouldn't pursue anything more than just a fuck with either of them, but even then I'm not very interested.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

For some people $450/mo isn't worth it to deal with roommates and their habits. You like them as friends but do you know how they live? Everyone has their own quirks but everyone expects others to have the same living style and values as they do. That's just not going to happen. There's no two people in the world who can live in perfect harmony with each other without making sacrifices. So if you do take it, keep in mind to try to have a higher threshold for what you're willing to deal with.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  7. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i used to live with a male friend of mine. he and i had been friends for a few years. despite making out once years ago, the living situation was fine. i'm sure he would've been down for some :naughty:, but that was never my intentions whatsoever.

he and i lived together for 3 months. he's 5 years older than i am.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

OK, more questions.

How well are you doing moneywise now? Are you staying within a budget?

Is the place you could move into a lot nicer than your current place?

How far away is it? How much stuff would you have to move?

9. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

Roommates can get annoying but overall, I'd rather live with other people than by myself. It's too lonely. Plus, if you can save a bunch of money, go for it. I'm sure it'll come in handy later on.

10. Coddle

Coddle New Member

I'm doing pretty good money wise, I can afford what I got now (plus I am walking distance to the gym & work if I had to walk to work for whatever reason). I am 21, and would like to get my pilots license, which is spendy (right now I can only save about $400 a month).

The place is very nice, it is brand new and they are the first set of people living in it (only 3 months into it).

I would only have to move a couple of truck loads, not too bad. Biggest items being my bedroom furniture, a couch, and a TV w/ TV stand.

11. Coddle

Coddle New Member

Thats what I fear I will miss the most :hs:

I pay $1000+ right now (Comcast HDTV + internet), so I will save atleast $400. They also gave me the option to pay $600 including utilities, so I may just do that incase the utilities end up being more.

This will also be a month-month rental agreement..

12. mandrew

mandrew New Member

that's a lot of money you could be saving. If you have a bike you're working on or your pilots license to get, definitely go for it.

Yeah yeah you gotta put up with other people blah blah. Who cares? It's nice to be around friends and at 21 (i'm 21 too) you should be in achievement mode... whether that's completing a bike project or getting your pilots license... Either one would make your life better/cooler, and is worth the sacrifice of not watching Bill and Ted at 4am fully nude in the living room.

Just don't die on that streetbike bro those things are scary as hell.

13. 7960

7960 New Member

then do it.

but expect a different kind of hell for a while.

14. tacompton

tacompton Guest

Don't do it. Living with women is a bad arrangement.

15. Coddle

Coddle New Member

Thanks for everyones input, I am going to go for it :x:

16. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

buy your own toilet paper, you dont want to have to split that cost with 2 women or there goes your $450/mo savings.

17. :bowrofl: THAT is so true!

18. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

:bowrofl: this man speaks truth.

19. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

living alone does not blow for everyone. Plenty of people think it is great. The TS needs to do what is best for him.

20. JordanClarkson

I've had over 20 roommates but living alone is ftw! For me though it's not worth an extra $400+/mo as that's a lot of money no matter how old you are

21. chica&buddies

:slap: wtf???? i purchased the toilet paper for 3 months for me and my roommate. :squint:

he never once purchased items that we needed. it was as if that was my job. :rolleyes: i'm ready for the woman banter...

22. chica&buddies

i agree. imo, living alone with a dog would be ideal for me :rofl:. i'm soo ready for that day :wiggle:

i've had 16 roommates in the past 6 years, 3 of which i absolutely loved. :hs:

23. JordanClarkson

Ironically the ones I loved the best were the last ones I had. But I really needed to be alone for a year. I wish my parents would retire soon. Then I could have a dog. I can't now because my dad has allergies. Or I was thinking of having a friend say she got me one for xmas. :rofl:

24. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I have had 6 roommates in the past 4 years, overall I would pay an extra $500/mo to live alone.

25. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Living alone is great, you're going to regret moving in with 2 women