2 burner compatibility

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jazz, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

I'm buying a dvd burner and want to add it to my current cd burner in XP. Is there going to be any problem with that? Both drives will be ont he same channel and will be the only optical drives in the system.

The dvd burner will be a sony dw-u10a dvd +r/rw -r/rw 4x/2.4x/8x and the cd burner is a plextor 16x if that makes any differance.

I just want to know if the software (nero currently and whatever is shipped with the all-in-wonder 9600)will be able to cope with both...the dvd burner will be able to burn cd's faster than the cd burner so I could always just leave the current dvd drive as the second drive and add the dvd burner leaving the cd burner out of it :dunno:

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Shouldn't be a problem.

3. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

I set a system up like this recently on Windows 2000 and Nero, and there weren't any problems. In retrospect I probably should have put a combo drive in there instead of just a CD-burner. Then both drives could read anything and the DVD-burner could write everything.

4. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I have a 24x CD-RW and a 4x DVD+RW both on the secondary channel in Windows XP. I've used a couple of different burning programs, including Nero and never had a problem.

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I've got my CD-ROM and my CD-RW on the same channel (IIRC), and I've nver had any problems in Windows or Linux.

6. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

I don't even understand HOW there can even be a problem with this configuration.

-crontab -l