1st Time Asking Girl Out In 6 Years....after having a g/f I have NO game :(

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Athlete218, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

I used to be extremely smooth w/ girls & went out w/ new girls almost every weekend.....then i had a girlfriend for 6 years & now i feel like a dumbass w/ no game. I want to ask this girl out, but I need help on how to do it!

Anyways, theres this girl that i see at the gym (she works there) i go to & i feel like she might've noticed me b/c ever since the first time i went there i dont even have to tell her my name..she knows it & just types it in right away (i guess that might be a good sign?)

Anyways, I dont know her name.. I say hi to her whenever i go in, but nothing more has ever come up. I dont know if shes single....just that she knows my name & i find her really attractive. ... the cute-hot type of girl - seems like a good girl.

I used to be good at striking up a conversation w/ a girl, but now i feel like i can only do it when im drunk.... plus, i feel like it may be awkward.

what's the quickest/best/easiest way for me to ask this girl out? any help appreciated :wavey:

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

"you want to go get a drink later?" :hs:

3. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

I dont even know if she's a drinker.... i was thinking of either a movie, dinner or a mall... she seems like a relationship type girl, not a bar slut (not that going out for a drink means that, but id rather that not be our first impression of each other)

i just dont know how to do this.... dont want to look like a dumbass :sadwavey:

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

ask her for coffee....

5. knucks

knucks Active Member

How can you ASSUME she is not a bar slut and is a nice girl and all that, when you don't even know her name?

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

they dont have name tags at your gym?

7. arsbu

arsbu New Member

You don't have to be a bar slut to enjoy a drink. Ask her why/how she got her job and make it lead into a question asking her if she plays any sports. Then challenge her to a game or say "oh, I've always wanted to learn xxxxxx, want to teach me?" An interactive date is much better than a movie, you get to talk, and maybe a bit of contact here and there.

8. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

take her to a "chill bar".

i can't be much more specific with that, but it's a the kind of bar where most people don't go to hook up, but more of a place to go out for drinks with friends.
    i just went to a place like that tonight with a girl who i randomly met. we ended up making out/feeling up and i'll see her in a few days.

if you know your city's night life well enough, you should know of places like this.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Ask her what time she gets off work and ask to take her out afterwards. Something simple like as suggested a "chill" bar. Something not too loud or crowded so you can just get a drink and chat for a bit. Take her home after, get her number, and then schedule something in the following days.

10. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Look at her left hand for a ring first. Then look at her right hand, if nothing is there, ask if she wants to go get a bite or a drink later. (pick 1, dont say both)

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I've known many girls who are not married or engaged but wear a ring "so guys won't hit on them"

You can always ask "Are you single?"

12. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

two things: many girls dont wear their rings while working out, and many girls wear right hand rings without being married/engaged.

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Takes time, keep going out.

14. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

k well, not your fucking problem, if shes going to be like that then :ugh2: to her

that is fine, if shes not wearing a ring, she is either not married or not wearing it. At least its a better shot. Refer above for wearing it to not get hit on. Right hand rings are another thing. If she has nothing on her hands its a sure reason to at least ask. If she is wearing something, at least think about it before you go up and ask.

nothing is more :ugh: when a man goes up to a woman in a public place and asks her out when she has a ring on her hand.

If she wants you to ask her out, she will take it off when you come in.

15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I'm more interested in finding out why/how you went from being able to talk to girls and go out with one every weekend to after a 6 year relationship being afraid of talking to 1 girl?

16. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

though i don't know if there's a logical reason for it, i can identify with it.

when i got out of my ltr, i found that i had completely forgotten how to flirt with the intention of it going somewhere, and it took me a few months to get back in the groove of anything.

17. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

One thing, I used to work in customer service when I was going through uni

We were trained to remember regulars names. So it could be nothing at all. That being said, go for it. Nothing to loose.

"Want to go grab a coffee later?" Pretty simple

18. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

"I know this is kinda random, but..."

solid first words to say during the day

it excuses you from being maybe too brash and appearing overconfident

it's endearing

"hey I know this is kinda random but I think you're cute and wanted to come talk for a minute"

19. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

Mate,

To get my game back, i've gone out and gotten plastered a heap of times, each time getting less drunk and growing more balls with the ladies.. it helps.

20. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Losing your game after a long relationship is normal. you dont practice using your skills to pick up girls while in a relationship. Its like any other skill you have if you dont use it you will lose it. Takes time to get it back. It took me almost 2 years to be back where i was before i was in a LTR.

For the OP... you might not want to go for someone you will see anytime you go work out. Its like shitting where you play... its not a good idea.

21. imbored

imbored OT Supporter

This happened to me recently...finally said fuck it and did it.

After she said yes....she blew me off. lol

22. imbored

imbored OT Supporter

Hope that helps

23. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

:rofl:

Invite her to a bar, and go with the flow.

Lately, no drinking on my dates = fail.

24. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I just tell myself to man up. I've been a pussy for far too long. everytime I overthink it, I just tell myself to not think and just do. whatever happens, happens.