TAT 1st Tattoo...Need Your Expertise!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Idyfohu, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

No, this isn't an impulse tattoo and I've thought about it for over 6 months now and I'm ready to pull the trigger, however I'm running into some problems that you may be able to help me out with.

I've decided that I'd like the tattoo on my inner upper arm (from just below my arm pit to about 3" above my elbow, so maybe 5" long and roughly 3" wide. I think this is a great spot that is fairly inconspicuous, it's there and people might see it (which isn't a vain thing IMO), however it's concealed if I want it to be.

Anywho, the tattoo is all about my new daughter (she's almost 1 year now) and I had my grandfather write her Chinese name (she's half Chinese (from me) and half Caucasian), which is three characters and ideally I want her actual footprints somewhere with the characters.

Problems...getting a footprint is impossible and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried unsuccessfully a few times, so does anyone have a better option or idea that would really personalize the tattoo? Maybe hands, which obviously are much easier, or...help me out. :x:

I'm not sure how I want the characters and footprints or other objects configured and hopefully you guys can give me some good ideas and suggestions if it's not too troublesome.

I'm thinking that the characters will go down my arm from armpit on down and having footprints on the side (that wouldn't leave much room) or...yup, not sure.

If you see any potential problems that I might have from my idea I'm open for any suggestions and recommendations and ideas (run-on)!

Thanks!

Also, for any Utahns, I'm planning on getting my tattoo at either Good Times or Lost Art, both of which are highly recommended.

One last thing, for a piece of this size, how much should I expect and what's a typical tip?

Colors...? Just black, what's best for options down the road?

Tons of noobie questions! :wiggle:

2. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

Personally I don't like the foot or hand print idea. The characters would be effective on their own IMO. given the area in which you're working.

When placing the characters, remember to position your arm they same way you will be viewing it. So if the characters are vertical, you may want to leave your arm vertical and twisting it outward.

3. joy division

joy division New Member

that is a shitload of questions

of which none i can read

put a huge rooster on your back

4. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

I appreciate your valuable input. :rolleyes:

5. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

I got a good idea from someone to maybe put her characters inside of a her foot or hand, but the more I think of it, maybe I'll do her hand prints and then wait until she's able to write her name (yes, it will be several years) and have the put next to her hands. Something great that we can share together and something definitely to look forward to as well.

What do you think?

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Why can't you get her footprint? Get a stamp pad and when she's asleep apply it to her foot then press some card stock against it. It'll work fine.

7. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

Just a hand that I thought looks great:

[​IMG]

8. Memor

Memor Active Member

:werd: to the stamp pad and stock card

places will charge hourly for it, no idea how long it'll take, and a really (really) nice tip is ~20 for every 100 you spend, some people tip more, some less...up to you in the end really