1st gen 4runner, anyone gotem?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by chaos24_7, Jul 7, 2005.

1. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

So i got an '86 sr5 the other day and its pretty cool, but its gota factory alarm on it. anyone know how to use it:x:? no key pad just some switches left of the steering wheel. i figured out how to turn it on but how the hell do you deactivate it without setting it off:dunno:? Aside from that its not such a bad rig its got the standard 14 year old truck issues, 238k on a 22re, the rear sags a little, needs a clutch and tires and valve cover gasket.

But aside from that its still runs strong no smoke the a/c still blows cold and the the clineometer even works along with all the power windows including the back which almost never works:bigthumb:.

So anyone got some tips tricks or cool stuff in general for these lil 'runners:wiggle:

2. CaliforniaPlaya

CaliforniaPlaya New Member

You better go back to math class . . . 14 years ago was '91 not '86.

BTW I've got a '95 that I got new and has 130k on it now. Had a few issues once it passed 100k, but nothing too major.

3. pdb574

pdb574 New Member

I had an 85 back in college. Removeable top :hsd:

other than that it was a piece :fawk:

4. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

good job correcting a typo and contributing nothing to this thread:rolleyes:

5. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

go to www.performanceproducts.com and order yourself a 4runner catalog. You can find plenty of things for it their. Also, Downey Off Road makes some great shit for them too. I had an 89 4runner that ran strong as hell. I've also had a 95 (2nd gen) and am looking at purchasing a 3rd gen or a 4th gen in the near future. I love 4runners because they are easy to work on and there are plenty of extras for them

6. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

hey alright!! :bigthumb: i've seen the bikini top for it works/looks really nice. Nothin like havin the top off all summer. thanks.