MMA 1st day 1st thread v.bjj

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by raxton, Jan 25, 2006.

1. raxton

raxton .

ive been lurkin around these parts for some time now, i have over the recent months been addicted to watching mma and have to say thanks & props for all those hosting and posting the vids, etc.

tonight i had my first bjj class at my local gym www.taporsnap.com i left with much more respect for the pure energy and technique that is involved. i have always been a grappler at heart and very comfortable on the ground ive been tapping out my friends for years with only 1 loss lol. but tonight was a different story i gave about 110% to a blues 50% and he just toyed me around. I cant wait to start really getting the grasp of this art. i will be training twice a week and alot of self training to fill the gap. i plan on starting mui thai after a few months, friend has a training center so that will work out great.

hope i made sense, dont have energy to think. :bigthumb:

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

good to hear that you enjoyed it. And remember to stick with it no matter how frustrating it gets during some days... in the end it WILL pay off.

3. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

yeah man dedication is the main thing. mat time > * as far as becoming a good grappler

4. raxton

raxton .

2nd day has passed and was great my nerves were gone and excitement took over. i was pretty impressed with myself during full sparring i submitted the 3 white belts i was up against multiple times without a tapout from myself. Cant wait for next week...