GUN 1K round review of my Dan Wesson PM7

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Nov 19, 2007.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

Fired my 1 thousandth round on my PM7 this weekend. After a marathon break in, I've now competed 3 times with it. This past weekend in an event of 75 shooters, 25 that shot in CDP (custom Defensive Pistols) which is the division I shoot in now it's for all of the 1911 .45 shooters, I took 5th place overall beating out some OG sharpshooters.

The gun NEVER skipped a beat. And I shot it twice in pouring down rain, dropping multiple mags in the mud and wet sand, it never let me down. While engaging a target while retreating backwards from 15 yards I formed a clover leaf of 3 shots on one of my targets with a triple tap.

After 4 different bullet recipes tried, I found it shot best with Rainier Ballistics 200 grain Flat Point/Hollow Point, backed by 4.9 grains of TiteGroup and Winchester Primers. with an OAL of 1.22".
    Fed from my Blued Shooting Star 8 round mags, of multiple reloads, dropping mags in less than ideal conditions I never experienced a single malfunction.

Verdict=SEX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MTech

MTech New Member

Looks like it could use being hit with some Weapon Shield after all that break in!

nice report!

3. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:cool: Is that rust though? Or am I seeing things?

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

No, lol, not rust. It's back from a long time playing in the rain and muck in all it's glory.

This is a grinders gun, not a safe queen. :) Looking forward to the already apparent holster wear and my mag well to look like it's been chewed on. This gun was meant to go to work.

5. Section8

Section8 .