WEB 1and1 IMAP E-Mail

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iridium130, Nov 27, 2007.

1. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Alright this will be a longish post:

I've had 1and1 hosting for a couple years now and I've never really used my email addresses since I primarily use my gMail.

I've recently started a small forum and I wanted to have emails from there directed to my domain. I noticed they had IMAP email, so I tried setting that up, but I could never get my emails to successfully download. When I tried POP email, it worked flawlessly, so I just went with that since I was in a rush to set it up.

Fast forward to today; I finally decide to get IMAP working and I tirelessly searched Google and the 1and1 support site for a resolution. Failing to find anything, I opened a ticket:

They reply with:

Ok, fair enough, I'm sure they probably assumed I got my settings wrong, which I didn't. Plus her wording was very confusing, so I emailed them back with this:

This is what came back

The Leopard install guide had next to NOTHING on e-mail setup.

At this point, I was getting upset that they weren't helping at all.

After a couple hours of no replies, this is what I got:

WTF :mad: This problem is over 2 weeks old, it's not like it suddenly happened. This doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, maybe it's just the server I'm on. This "answer" seems to be a canned response just go et my ticket out of the way.

So my question to OT is this:

Has everybody had satisfactory CS from 1and1 or are they notorious for poor CS? And does anybody know of a way I can escalate this problem? :hsd:

2. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

welcome to 1and1.com :dunno:

3. auveeb

auveeb DATS CUTE

1and1 is like the most avoided webhost amongst developers :o

4. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

:ugh:

5. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

6. Flaxer

Flaxer New Member

I have delt with that as well with 1and1.com.. if they can't sovle your problem they will just say it is because of some sort of downtime... I finally figured out the problem I was having and they told me that it was in correct and it will still wont work... lol I still use 1and1, but dis-like them