1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mikey, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

My wife is looking into getting a '99 Jetta GLS with 75k miles on it. Their asking $9450 for it. Does that seem a little high considering the mileage? I'm new to VW's, whats the average mileage life of this particular model. I've been reading reviews on the internet and it doesn't seem like anyone has anything good to say about these cars. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

price seems about right considering the mileage.

Whatever options the car has, and also where you are located has some affect on the price too.

3. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

Price is okay if it is the MK3 chassis GLS. If it is the newer body style 99.5 Jetta GLS, then it could have either the 2.0 or the VR6 under the hood, and I would buy it either way. If it is the older body with a 5-speed, Blue Book retail is at $9440, so that sounds about right if the car is in excellent shape, and carries a dealer warranty.

4. Orgazmo

Orgazmo Guest

I bought my 99 Mk3 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition, with the 2.0 and 5 speed for $9450 with 57,000 miles on it. The Wolfsburg is the same as the GLS, all power, spoiler, moonroof, alloy wheels, but has Sport seats and "sport" suspension, and smoked tail lights.