1999 Passat turbo exhaust

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by deusexaethera, Jul 6, 2005.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Who makes a good exhaust for a Passat with a 1.8t? I've heard that turbo engines need wider exhausts than most "normal" engines, and I want to get a good one. Ideas? References? Please?

2. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

What do you currently have done to your engine, and what do you plan on doing in the future?

And what year is your passat?

3. Doodie head

Doodie head i have no legs

i have a milltek exhaust on my A4. its not the biggest/widest exhaust, but it sounds nice and its not too loud

4. deusexaethera

I just got the car. So far all I've done is mundane stuff, like replace a broken vacuum valve that the mechanic (whom I paid for the service) missed. Gotta get the steering looked at, but that's beside the point.

I'm contemplating sending the engine computer off to Neuspeed to be reprogrammed with their 15psi P-chip. I guess I might as well ask: does that sound like a bad idea? As for other modifications, I haven't thought of any yet. I'm not trying to make a screaming monster out of the thing, just add enough oomph to it to make it more fun. Replacing the exhaust with something more free-flowing would seem to help in that endeavour.

The car is a 99 model. I thought I put that in the topic title. (shrugs)

5. deusexaethera

Was it a kit or a custom job? Also, is it a relatively clean sound or is it farty?