1999 Cobra - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RyeLou, Jul 1, 2004.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I know there are probably plenty of Mustang haters here, but I want everyones opinion. If you really don't like the Mustang, tell me why or why not and don't say something stupid like "under powered" or some horse shit like that. The one in question makes 327HP to the wheels so it has enough for a low 13 or so. I'm looking at one specific one to possibly buy, but I live in Michigan and would probably just have to get snow/ice tires for the winter and not get a beater this year. I would probably get one by the next winter though. Anyhow, the car has about 65K on the odometer. Mods are headers and exhaust, intake, P&P lower intake manifold, ripper shifter...thats all I can think of at the moment. Come to think of it I don't think it had a 4.10 or a 3.77, but I may be mistaken. Car is black. OPINIONS?

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Well...I don't really like mustangs much, but it is a Cobra and it is black, so that is a big plus.

With all those mods on the car with those miles, try and make sure the privious owner didn't pound on it to hard.

Overall, sounds like a sick ride!

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

The current owner seemed real up front about everything. He never raced it, but did have it on the dyno twice. The second time he got that 327.4HP. He said the current tires are bald but planned on getting new ones to the taste of whoever buys the car. He bought it with just short of 40K on it from an older guy who left it stock. All modifications were done at a local reputable place. Blah blah blah...bottom line is the car seems good. The thnig that bothers me is the 327RWHP in the winter. Snow tires or not that would be a bitch for someone who does 30k miles a year. (I drive for work and commute to/from school)

4. d0nk3y

d0nk3y Guest

i am a avaid mustang fan, have a 03 cobra, save and get an 03 cobra or a mach1 99 is not the best year for the cobra. 327 is ok for a 99 what mods ? i have a 2.75 pully, exhaust, and intake, and chip and we are talkin 475+ with a ok tune. If u want power i would save and find u a 03 cobra.

And 327 rwhp in the snow shouldnt be to bad, just dont hotdog it and u shouldnt have to many problems i drove tru colorado mountans i just left traction control on.

5. CJPA

CJPA New Member

Cobra = only Mustang I'd touch...plus the 99-02 ones have the mean-looking lower front fascia which is nice :cool:

6. d0nk3y

d0nk3y Guest

U no likey the 03? the altinator wine is kinda a plus :rofl:

7. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'm only 21 so a '99 Cobra is more than good enough for me. An '03 would be awesome, but it's a little out of the price range I'm looking at. I can get the above listed car for about $13,500. The mods were posted above. The car would be considerably faster than a Mach 1. I love the looks of the '99 Cobras as well. My friend has a' 97 and I would much prefer the '99 look. The only problems the '99's had was the power restriction from the factory, but they had a recall on that and it has since been taken care of. 327HP doesn't compare to your 400+, but at the same time it's more than enough for a daily driven car.

8. d0nk3y

d0nk3y Guest

i agree with you, and i would have to say the hp can get outta control when it starts to drizzle and the oil starts to float to the top.

9. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

But you're still in favor of getting it even though I would just be on snow tires for the winter?

10. d0nk3y

d0nk3y Guest

yea i would get it, just drive smart and dont hot rod in the snow, my dad has a dodge ram 2500 5.9 cummins with 1200 rwtq and as long as u keep ur foot outta it they dont spin out.