1998 Land Rover Discovery question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by havelegs, Feb 7, 2010.

1. havelegs

havelegs Active Member

I'm thinking about getting this Land Rover but I never even drove one and I don't have any experience with them. I'm looking for a 4x4 SUV and I am considering Durangos/Explorers but this Discovery came up and is in my price range. Are they good for off road/muddy roads? Any big issues with them? Any advice?

Here is a link to it..
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ion=&max_price=4000&cardist=19&standard=false

2. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

Land Rover = cool truck, interesting styling, lots of broken parts, very expensive to fix, horrible gas mileage.

if you can afford the gas (or don't drive very far) and can afford to fix it, it is a pretty cool offroad vehicle with some capability :)

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Exceptionally capable off road, expensive to repair. I had a '99 Series I ('99 was the last year of the I and the first of the II) and it was pretty reliable but expensive. First it's a gas hog - full time 4, premium only. Second, parts are expensive. That said, I LOVED to drive it - it felt like a moving cinderblock - very solid - and the seating really has a nice command view.

If you are really interested check out www.discoweb.org

4. havelegs

havelegs Active Member

thanks guys. I'm going to stick with a domestic.