1998 Accord engine hum...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 2C4L, Sep 19, 2006.

1. 2C4L

2C4L New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Hey guys, i dont come out here too often..but i figured i'd come to see if you guys could help me with a slight problem...

Just recently, i noticed my engine was making a rather...high sort of hum at idle, and lower speeds...i'm not too sure what it is, but the car seems to run just fine....never sounded like that before...and i've only got 61500 miles on it at the moment....

another thing i noticed just recently...when i accelerate quickly, the...parking brake, safety belt, and another light will light up on my dash...as if the car is telling me i shouldnt be stressing the engine like so...though i'm not sure what the hell is going on, to be quite honest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am incredibly ignorant when it comes to matters as such...thanks much! :hsd:
  2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera New Member OT Supporter

Jan 27, 2005

The number one cause of random electrical problems is a bad ground wire, because it will cause electricity to flow (backwards) into whatever component happens to have a slightly lower voltage at any given time.

The hum could be a worn timing belt, as a stretched belt will cause the edges of the rubber teeth to slap against the timing gears.