1995 Integra GSR refresh...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by about:blank, Feb 2, 2010.

1. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

GF has a 1995 Integra GSR with a lot of miles. The car runs great, doesn't burn any oil but the steering is a bit sloppy and the ride isn't that great. What parts need to be replaced to get this car feeling new? I don't want to lower it or make it faster, just replace the wear items.

2. alltracman78

alltracman78 New Member

Ball joints, tie rods [inner and outer], struts, maybe control arms [bushings].
    It all depends what exactly is loose.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

The ride probably sucks on account of shocks being worn out, if it's bouncy going down the road or jars especially hard over bumps or makes knocking sounds those are sure signs of worn/blown shocks. If they have never been replaced then they are almost certainly worth changing out.

I put KYB GR-2s on mine, which I would recommend over anything else if you're just keeping the stock suspension. It's a great shock for OEM replacement, gives a slight upgrade over original equipment and will last for ages.

The Integra doesn't have struts which means it doesn't have strut mounts to wear out and make the suspension wobble. Ball joints, tie rods, and wheel bearings can wear out like the other fella said. The GSR had a front strut tower brace stock, so hopefully that's still bolted in the engine bay :hs:

Poly bushings for the swaybars can be replaced pretty easily and will tighten up cornering even without changing the bars. Steering rack might also have a bushing that can be replaced, I don't remember; and shifter bushings as well, I loved these. You can look into poly bushings for the whole suspension, but that is a big job and a pain in the ass. Since you aren't looking to mod/race/abuse the car I would only do that if something is really far gone down there.

4. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

New shocks ( i recommend koni yellows or OEM showas)
    New oem lower control arm bushings all around (12 total),
    New trailing arm bushings (the most important bushing to replace)...a company called HardRace makes a sold rubber set that is phenomenal.
    Outer tie rod ends (inners if they have lateral slop)
    New rear motor mount, and both lower front torque mounts.

Do these things and it will feel like a million bucks...DO NOT put polyurethane bushings on anything that pivots....they feel great at first but WILL wear out in less than 20k miles.

5. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

Thanks guys. Whats the best place to purchase parts for this car?

I'm going with KYBs (cheapest :hs:), 92-00 Civic trailing arm bushings, 2x outer tie rods, rear motor mount. Does anybody sell an OEM bushing set?

6. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

This man knows what he's talking about.

I work at a honda/acura shop and deal witht his every day.

Rear trailing arm bushings are the biggest thing allong with shocks

7. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

honda for mounts, kyb gr-2's will work fine if its not lowered.

we only buy the honda trailing arm bushing set.