1995 Civic DX engine probs.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Kenji-Boi, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Kenji-Boi

Kenji-Boi Dirty Electro House make me happy in pants...

Mar 14, 2001
    Its hard enough to deal with not having a functioning car so please limit the sarcasum to a minimal level. Yes I know i have a civic.

Anyways to make a long story short. It was really raining hard for 3 days straight a few weeks ago and i had to drive through a big puddle to get to where i was going. Well some water got sucked into my engine and my engine died. After about 20 minutes the engine started knocking. It was not too little oil because i got my oil change that day and the shit was still knocking. So i was told it was the lifters by one person who was full of shit. Next i talk to a mechanic who told me that the problem sounded like either the bearings or mabe a bent rod.

This is was he told me he would have to do in order to possibly fix the problem.

Remove oil pan
    plastigage bearings and replace them.
    have to tear down ID bearings and order.

*he said no guarantee cause the engine might have further damage.*

this is a private job cause this guy works at a dealership and told me he could cut me a deal.

250.00 private
    350.00 dealership.

I dont know if i have the experience to do the job or not.

What do you guys think? The problem is there is a knocking noise that is coming from in between the valve cover and the throttle body on the bottom of the car. Its a 1995 civic DX engine.

Any help is really appeciated. Thanks.
    :big grin: