1991 Honda Accord with decent paint!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Maverick, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I just bought a nice 1991 Honda Accord DX with an H22a swap. I just washed it today and it looks like it's never been waxed since 1990 when the car was bought. It was mainly kept in LA so I bet there's alot of pollutants in the paint. Tomarrow I want to clay and hopefully polish at least the hood tomarrow. Mind you I'll be doing this by hand. The hood is the worst looking on the car. The clearcoat is still there but there's what looks like waterstains on the hood. Hopefully the clay will take it off. How would I go about properly polishing the hood?

2. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

buy a porter cable,some propel pads,and poorboys 2.5 SSR.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Optimum Polish also works well and excel detail now carries it.

4. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

Yeah I've been meaning to try that out. Next time I order some pads from them I"m planning on ordering a bottle. From what I've read it's very versitile. Have you used the Optimum Compund yet?

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I just recently got my bottle of optimum, and holy shit!!! :eek3:

This stuff is no joke! It takes a bit of a while to get it to break down, and it, to me at least, breaks down opposite of most other polishes ive used. I.e. it seems to get cloudier the more the product breaks down. It doesnt dust, it just get cloudy, and kinda gummy. But, it wipes off easy enough with some elbow greese, and the finish product is just amazing! I couldent believe the amount of polishing it had done. And with a regular megs yellow cutting pad, it removed 99% of the swirls in the car i was doing. Very impressive stuff. WOrth every cent as far as im conscerned.

One probilem i DO have with it, is that it doesnt seem to clear the paint of contaminants very well. I went over the car with optimum, then switched to a finishing pad with some VM, and the finishing pad came back FILTHY where as my polishing pad was virtually clean. But its a small thing considering the finish it left.

Highly recemend product.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I've played around with it a bit but not really come across anything lately I really need to compound.

BTW, I met with David of Optimum when he was in town with Anthony Orosco (high end detailer in San Antonio) to meet with GM about them using Optimum on the assembly line at the Arlington plant. Really nice guy, very interested in not only what I thought of his products and how they work for me but other product lines I use and what I like and don't like about them.