1989 jeep cherokee laredo yay or nay?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Pavester, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Pavester

Pavester New Member

Been looking for a nice used truck for getting back and forth to work and school, would think about getting it lifted later on. This any good jeep crew??:x:

1989 Red Cherokee laredo - $1500

Got a 1989 red Jeep Cherokee laredo.. Runs and drives Perfect... Nothing at all wrong with it.. I am willing to sell the vehicle as a whole but no low ball offers.. Looking to get 1500 for the whole thing.. Remember it has about 10k miles on the rebuild.. The title will take about a week to get settled out and i have it in hand.. Also the headliner is not in it.. I have it, But its cut in 4 pieces and needs fiberglassed.. Plan on doin that soon.. needs to be tagged And Inspected Also.. I dodnt see the point in getting it renewed while the jeep stayed in Ft.worth While I moved to beaumont..

4.0 inline 6 engine,AW4 automatic transmission and transfer case were all rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago.. The tranny was slippin, The transfer case was rebuilt for no other reason than since it was already out might as well... The engine was rebuilt because it had 135k miles on it.. No major component failure or anything... Body panels all good.. Just send an e-mail with a request and offer and i'll get back to you..

Dana30 front
    dana35 Rear
    3.55 axle ratio
    inline 6 4.0 engine
    Aw4 4-speed automatic transmission
    Instrument cluster with a tach
    New Catalytic Converter
    15" Aluminum Wheels
    Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System
    New Lock-Up Torque Converter
    All new sensors on engine
    New Fuel Injectors
    New Fuel Rail
    Just bout everything you can think of regarding the engine is new

Got everthing you need..

Also got a 2000 Front and rear bumpers, Black grille

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

but it ... if the motor was rebuilt 10k ago, then you have about another 240k to go before you start getting any more serious problems ... the aw4 is a good tranny for the most part, they do slip a little earlier than others, but they are good ... should have a 21 spline Tcase (np231) and not the 23 spline, but for a DD it doesnt matter ... headliner is not a big deal, you dont need it anyway,

the mere fact that he was smart enough to have the tcase rebuilt even without any mentioned problems tells me he (or she) took very good care of the vehicle and is knowledgeable in vehicle maintenance .... do make sure it would pass a smog inspection before you buy it(if you have to deal with that) as the older engines have problems with it ...

id buy it for 1500 (-) the cost of registration fees, title sales fees, and inspection fees ....

if he says no to that ... then id still buy it for 1500 ... sounds like a good deal

3. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

doesn't sound like a bad deal considering the 89 cherokee limited i just bought for 100 is going to need about that in parts and repair to get it running good again :)

4. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Thats a good deal considering the amount of work it has and how clean it looks.

5. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Looks like a good deal... looks VERY clean for an 89.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Make him smog it and get it tagged. I get the feeling it wouldn't pass.