1973 SkiDoo T'NT Silver Bullet Help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by DamonS, Nov 20, 2005.

1. DamonS

DamonS Flyin' High Again

Hey old school snowmobilers.

I just received (from my father-in-law) the above mentioned sled to try to get running.

Right from the get-go, I have bumped into issues that I need help with.

1) I cannot find a manual for this thing. I have contacted my dealer as well as a few aftermarket places and the best I can get is a "generic" maintenance guide. If someone has a link to get one, I would be extremely ecstatic.

2) I cannot get the exhaust off, more like, I cannot get it to separate from the engine. I have taken off the springs as well as the 3 bolts that hold the expansion chamber to the bellypan. It feels like there is another bolt holding it to the engine casing but I have looked and looked and cannot find anything holding it in. Is there something I am missing here? It feels like a loose tooth, just holding on to something, but I cannot figure out what...

3) There does not seem to be anything in the tank to pickup the fuel. I mean, I look in the tank where the fuel line and return line are and there does not seem to be a pickup tube there. Certainly I am missing something here.. Unless the pickup tube is elsewhere. (hence the need to take off the exhaust, so I can take out the gas tank to pour the old fuel out and to repair the pickup tube if necessary)..

Anybody have any experience with these older sleds? I really, really could tap your knowledge a bit.

Thanks in advance.