1957 Ford Fairlane 500

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Boomdart, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

[​IMG]

Coming back from the grocery store I saw one of these for sale, looks just like the one pictured. I didn't have my camera on me so I didn't take pics.

It looks like it's in pretty good shape, the paint is probably 10-15 years old but I can tell they tried to take good care of it because it's still shiny despite some very small nicks and such here and there but it's not show-car quality anymore even though it might've been whenever they did paint it. Interior is in terrific shape but it could be better, looks like the dash is the original one that came in the car, and they repainted it (mostly metal dash).

Car has a 351 windsor (awesome engine) and a 4spd manual w/ a hurst shifter. I didn't get to talk to the owner or open the hood. For sale sign says $6995 but I think I can talk him down. That is a steal for that car, what an awesome ride. I'm thinking of buying it, not that I need another car but it's just too cool to pass up :o

What do you guys think, $7k too much or super cheap? I didn't see any real rust problems (the few nicks i mentioned earlier are like 1/8th of a nickle sized paint chips not dents or anything and they have a little rust in them.)