GUN 1911 Brands - Charles Daly vs. Dan Wesson

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shohan, Apr 21, 2004.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

I've seen these 2 manufacturers in ads and quite a bit on Gunrboker.com. Does anyone have one of their 1911s? Or any of the auto pistols? I'm probably going to get a Springfield if I can't find any good reviews and information on either of these mfr's. What do you guys think? Any other good info for any other suggested brands?

Thanks.

2. RCSTZ71

RCSTZ71 Guest

My guess is your looking for a cheaper model 1911?

If I had to pick between the CD or the DW I'd choose the Daly, the fit of the slide to the reciever seem to be alot tighter than the DW....

But I'd pick the Springfield over both of them... check out the Mil-Spec, good gun for the money!

If you want the best 1911 get a Kimber! You get what you pay for.

Just my $0.02

Mike

3. shohan

shohan New Member

Well, I'm not looking for cheaper model. I believe that you get what you pay for for the most part. Like I said I just seen these unfamiliar names and thought I would ask. I am probably going to go for a Springfield. I'd like a Champion model and something with the Novak sights. This is probably going to be my sidearm when I get out of the Marines and go into law enforcement and serve as my concealed carry pistol as well.

As far as the best, I'm not really into paying a grand for a pistol. I'm sure it's well worth it. I just can't justify paying that much myself.

Thanks for the info and for the opinions!