17 and 34 yr old

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Apr 6, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

A female friend of mine had her first truly romantic experience with a 34-year-old actor when he was twice her age. They were together for a long while and then broke it off for environmental reasons (long-distance, different points in life, etc.). It was a deeply meaningful experience, extremely intense, very romantic, and mutual. It is noteworthy that this man was not at a loss for choices when it came to getting women, yet he was monogamous with her while it lasted. She moved on and had a few other long-time relationships (i.e., over 6 months), although they did not match the intensity of her first romantic experience.

In summary, the relationship between a 17 yr old girl and a 34 yr old man was a positive experience in both partners' lives. Would you say that there was something wrong there, nonetheless?

2. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

I would say that there is something wrong there with the 34 year old... yes. I am 24 and know plenty of 17 year olds, but they rarely make me feel sexually attracted to them (I need more than just looks) and I would never consider doing anything sexual with them.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

Would you say there's something wrong with what these two people did together?

4. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Depends... from how you describ it. Nothing wrong in my eyes.
    of course you escrib it from the 17yo point of view.

I would like to hear the 34yo side cus I bet it was more like.

34yo, I pulled some young hot fresh pink.... whooohoooo.
    Cant stand her but as long as my cocks in her mouth who cares!!
    Right boys!?!?!

Friends, HELL YEAH!!! Your the man dawg! Best actor EVER!

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

In all seriously, it really shouldnt matter who you are fucking...

But, according to our society that is pretty damn sick. :dunno: People really should just be able to do what they want. As long as he wasnt raping her, and she was mature enough to know what she was doing (which by 17, I would assume she was) then really it shouldnt be anyone elses business.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

No, you can smell stoopid of that intensity from just a short conversation, and they spent more time talking than fucking. The only guys I know who talk that way are from lower class or lower-middle class public school communities and fraternities. They have poor vocabularies and can barely keep a conversation. It's not exactly hard to pick the savages out from the men.

7. Foo Lyn Roo

Foo Lyn Roo New Member

I think a 17 year old is more than capable of making a legal and moral decision to be with a man twice her age. However, as you pointed out her future relationships "didn't match" the one she had with him.
    Is it because she was dating someone younger, closer to her age, that did not have the Savvy that the 34 year old man had? Probably. Is this going to effect how she views men? Probably.
    Does her age at the time of the relationship have something to do with the strong imprint it probably put on her, about how a boyfriend should be? Probably... but it would still be true for some 26 year old.

8. sultry33

sultry33 New Member

:naughty: when i was 30 i had fling with guy who was 18... i felt bit bad about it but was all fun while it lasted...
    think fun is only way to put it.

i dont think there is anything wrong with age gap relationships as long as both parties are over 18 and are mature aswell..

dont know if i would have same view though if it was my children embarking on it though.......... hypercrite yes i am:mamoru:

9. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Sounds exactly like what happened to this girl i've been seeing, she had a SUPER heavy duty romantic relationship with her professor in college, started through e-mailing/exchanging poetry, he romanced the living world out of her, she fell for him head over heels, he also had no issues with getting woman, and well its been 4 years and its still been tough for her to move on and experience the same yearning, she's coded her mind about what romantic/love should mean... in what form it should come how fast etc... its been complicated dealing with her no doubt, expectations etc.

Ages were pretty similar in fact almost identical.

The point is a 30+ year old man especially if he's intelligent/charming/good lucking is very intrigueing to a younger lady, blamo.. sweeps her straight off her feet with notions of romance, at that age they have few worries, few understandinds of the world, and aren't really that concerned with huge LIFE decisions, they are easily caught up/swept up into a romantic whirlwind.....

This guy had moved on, her parents couldnt take the idea ( strict sikh ) , he never waited for her, but ever since he's been washing her brains with I will always love you, and calls her baby all the time etc, when she describes it to me however it doesnt sound too healthy certain things he said or how he acted... almost like it was a power thing for him to have a younger woman so head over heels, knowing he can shape/shift her thinking and she adores him so much, he doesnt want to lose that even though he himself has moved on (in love wth another woman)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  10. JohnJohnJohnson

Sounds like an asshole. I'm sorry for your friend.

11. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

i can't imagine how her parents felt :eek3:

12. JohnJohnJohnson

Oh no no no. They don't know. :rofl: :rofl: The man was a long time family friend. The situation couldn't have been naughtier. :bowdown:

13. Nikkorizz

Nikkorizz New Member

I have a cousin that dropped out of high school and ran away with a pilot that was 32 years old. They had no money, she had no job, but they moved several states away and got married. Soon after, they had two children, but it was then when they started having conficts with age, money and work. My cousin ended up having a panic attack and threw her husband out of the house(literally) with all his possessions. Basically they seperated. She got possession of the children and she and her husband were officially divorced a few years later when she got a decent job. By that time she was able to stand on her own feet and afford the divorce. Also, around this time, she moved to Florida and finally made up with her parents in Maine.
    She was single up until a few years ago and now plans to get remarried with a childhood friend. She's 30 now and much happier but she regrets dropping out of high school.

14. Moonwalker

Moonwalker fagulous

well it is a felony.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

17+ in NY

16. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

:rofl:

I don't think that all 34yo men would say that in this situation. It sounded like they actually had a very intense relationship that meant something.

My best friend who was 18 was dating a married 35 yo (yea, I know.. they were going through a divorce but due to legal problems wiht the state, they had prolonged the papers..) To be honest, I did not respect the relationship and I had my doubts. Not just because of the marriage issue, but because it just seemed wrong. Young people are very easy to manipulate so who knows, the relationship may have been intense and both parties might have felt something, but that doesn't mean that some deception wasn't involved.

For some people it works out great, one just has to be careful and make sure that they both remain mature and levelheaded throughout.

17. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I totally agree with you...

There is no way that this relationship was appropriate. Any man in his 30s should no better than to manipulate a teenage girl like that. I think if she believed that he "loved" her or whatever, the guy just did a good job of lying to her. A 34 year old and a 17 year old are not even close to the same level of emotional maturity and that guy totally used that to his advantage. Just like you said, I think it will be difficult for this girl to feel a strong emotional attachment with another person for a long time if ever again. I think 17 year olds are mature enough to make many responsible decisions for themselves, but I think it would be nearly impossible for that to happen in this situation. The emotions that would be created by a 34 year old being sexually interested in a teenager have got to be extremely confusing. And the fact that he was a close family friend, meaning he possible knew this person since she was a child, makes the situation even more inexcusable. It seems like this guy was preying on the girl. This is not what I could call a relationship, I consider that abuse.

I'm sure that I will get hated on like crazy for my opinion, but you asked.

18. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Alright, now I'm curious to get opinions on a situation exactly the opposite of what has been talked about before. What are everyone's thoughts on a 17 year old GUY and a 34 year old WOMAN?? Certainly it's a bit different dynamic.... :dunno:

19. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

I don't think that changes anything, a considerable age difference is a whole other story. When you are in your 20s and your dating someone who is still 18 or whatever you still have a lot in common as far as your lifestyle goes. If you are 17 and you're dating someone who is 34, they were graduating high school when you were an infant. Is that appropriate??

20. JohnJohnJohnson

Is what appropriate? A high school senior dating an infant? :rolleyes: Reductio ad absurdum eh

No but seriously, in the present, what are your thoughts.

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

of course it doesnt have the same stigma as an older guy + younger girl....

appropriateness is too dependant on the sitatiuation to make generalizations. if they are happy adults, and honest and realistic, who cares. :hs:

22. JohnJohnJohnson

guys who are insecure about women only liking older men, for one. i only know one guy who's like that however