16 weeks of dieting via the CutDiet, my results

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SmartPowders, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

June 1st I started my transformation. I was 163lbs at 22%bf. I was in the worst shape of my life both physically and mentally. My blood pressure was very high. I would bleed at least once a day from both nostrils due to the high BP. My doc told me I had to get my act together or face some serious issues in the near future. Stress can wreck havoc on you and I was proof.

I had worked with chuck rudolph over 3 years ago. At the time I was dating a fitness model. We needed some help precontest and he came recommended from a friend at Weider. Chuck was with MRM at the time. We followed everything he said and I was amazed by her results. She's continued to use him to this day, she's an IFBB pro now.

Knowing this, when it came time to whipping myself into shape, I went back to chuck. I asked what his thought was bringing me back to life. He laid out the cutdiet book. My training had to be altered as I had not seen a gym in years. For the first 6 weeks I was put on a circuit training workout, 4x per week. It built my core up before getting into more heavy compound movements. The remaining weeks I followed a 4-5 days workout plan with 20 minutes of cardio post workout. I cheated 3x on the diet. Twice was due to running out of food and being out of town. The other was in celebration of NOT having a hernia (long story). Other than that, I followed every single part of the diet and training. We hit 1 bump in the road as I had become to depleted around week 12-13. We did carbloads on back to back nights as I was right back on track.

My supplement use was limited. I've never been a big pusher of supplements. I think the basics is all it takes, assuming your diet is in order. All I used was: BCAA's, isolate protein, creatine, glutamine, sesamin, omacor (perscription fish oil) and a multivitamin. During the last 4 weeks, I used two different fat burners for 2 weeks each. I was testing two unreleased products at the time. I couldn't use any sort of stimulant prior to that as my BP was to high.

Well today I did my photoshoot for the 16 weeks. I leave for the Olympia tomorrow, was very happy to get this out of the way. I JUST got the pictures around an hour ago and have to sort through all of them. I'm posting a totally unedited picture. I'll show a full shot once I go through and figure out which ones I don't look stupid in (this photoshoot stuff is a lot harder than I thought).

I'm not a big guy, never claimed to be. My goal during this was to stay roughly the same bodyweight, but change BF%. After this, I will begin to slowly put on some mass as I know I'm a thin bastard [​IMG]. I think the results will speak for themselves. I have FULL documentation of the entire process. I took pictures every 10 days roughly to prove this is real. Bash the cutdiet, it's theories and hell even bash me. All I know is this plan worked for me.

June 1st 163 at 22%
    September 26th 160 at 7%

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

whoa. nice. looks so professional that it almost looks photoshopped

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

That's a pretty impressive transformation, considering you managed to stay around the same weight while shedding the fat.

4. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Nothing has been photoshopped. She sent me over like 350 shots. I had 2 of my friends come along and we did some together. I had my whole body waxed 2 weeks ago. My skin didn't respond well at ALL to it. You can see on my forearms in the shot, the little red bumps/ingrown hairs. Trust me, if it was photoshopped, you wouldn't see that shit :)

5. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

no wonder you're a strong believer of the cut diet

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Fuckin awesome job :bowdown: How many inches do you lose off your waist?

7. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Well that was another motivator. I was wearing lucky brand jeans in a 33 at the start of this. They were a tad loose on me, I can't wear them at all now. I have no official measure on my waist from start to finish. You can see how much those are hanging off of me and those are 30's :)

8. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

Did you use their workout routine as well?

9. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

how tall are you again?

10. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

I'm 5'10/5'11.

As far as the workouts, damn near exactly the same as the book.

11. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

So this is the ultimate cut diet eh:eek5:

12. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

amazing man. Good job!!!

13. stealthrapt0r

stealthrapt0r me lift weights

14. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

Where can we read about the cutdiet or get a simular routine? I would love to shred weight like that!

15. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

wait, so you are the same height, the same weight, and near the same bf% as timber? :eek3:

edit: nm timber is bulking

16. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

I have never believed that ONE thing works for everyone. There are WAY to many variables in play genetic wise. All I can say is what worked for me. Now, I do FIRMLY believe in the supplements that were used, especially when trying to cut, regardless of bodytype. The diet may differ a bit. The biggest problem when switching to something like this is giving it time to work. I blew up the first 3 weeks of the diet. I didn't lose a damn thing. I was getting a little depressed, going off the scale. Then, like a light switch, my body began to change. Chuck told me this would happen, I just thought he was FOS. If you have dieted a certain way and trained a certain way for a LONG period of time, you can't expect your body to take a sudden change very well.

I have a 57 year old uncle who's doing the cutdiet. His results weren't as good as mine, but he obviously has issues I don't. Lowered test levels to start, but the main thing is training history. This dude is a genetic monster when it comes to endurance. He took up running around 50 and qualified for the boston marathon on his 2nd race. He got into 100 mile road races, yes, running 100 miles all at once. He finished in the top 40% of ALL runners of ALL ages. He'd done 3 of them. The issue is that his body is totally adapted to fat storage as that is the only way you can do such events. Switching to this diet wasn't easy for him. He's now trying to gain muscle, do lower reps (he'd do 50's on squats/leg press as an example) and totally changed his distribution of calories. The first 4-5 weeks, he didn't see that much, but in the past 4-5, his body has finally adapted and he's making great progress. I took some shots with him as well today. Here is a picture of us being stupid: (and yes the other guy is on the cutdiet as well about 8 weeks in)

[​IMG]

17. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

Also, what can you tell me about sesamin? I read allitle online. Does anyone else use this?

18. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

www.cutdiet.com

Someone had a coupon posted on here to get it for like 5 bucks or something. I actually have some laying around the office. We used them as box stuffers from time to time. It turns out we didn't send the new owners everything, so I got a case of them here. If you email me and are willing to pay postage I'll ship it to you for free. Offer stands till I run out. Please realize I leave for the olympia tomorrow and will gone for a week though.

19. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

There is a big debate about sesamin and it's worth. With my BP/lipid issue, I wanted to add it. People talk about it inhibiting your gains muscle wise. I took a high dose at 4 caps a day the whole time. I didn't experience lethargy like some have suggested. Once again, everyone is different. I don't think it inhibited my muscle gains, but then again, how do I know?

20. kumar_a

kumar_a Well-Known Member

what kinda daily caloric intake are we talking about here?

i could do all kinds of diets but i cant give up alcohol :o

21. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

email?

Or can i just pm you?

22. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Wow...amazing results, great work!

23. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

24. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

ya email please. Il definatly buy that book if you have the coupon = p.
    My email is [email protected]

Also what about the BCAA. Btw im new to all this. I spoke with you in another thread about supplments.

Current im just taking Whey, Fish Oil, and Mega Men Multi Vit ( I got it from a friend ), when I run out il probally take you up on the offer of your stuff.

Im a pretty heavy guy right now 238 , im working out 5 days a week , 3 days a week cardio. I just changed my diet around and no change yet. Just kinda chilling out. Im still getting stronger as the weeks go on.

25. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

My calories were around 1900-2100 on non carb nights and 2400-2500 on carb nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.