LGBT 15 year old killed for being gay

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Naturally Baked, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

2. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

3. trlc463

trlc463 New Member

4. Ivan

Ivan New Member

I'm so angry that I could write all sorts of swear words, but you get the picture already.

This is beyond disgusting.

5. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

6. Elusid

Elusid New Member

It's exactly reasons like this why I don't just come out to everyone...

7. Casey_the_geek

Casey_the_geek New Member

In my opinion, it's disgusting and sad that that happened, but you can't expect to go out and do shocking things like that and not have consequences. I feel terrible though because he was so young, and gay people are really confused at that point in their lives.

RIP little buddy. :(

8. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

I don't understand how people today can act like that at that age. How can you decide to kill someone because they make you feel uncomfortable. To say that people aren't adults at the age of 14 is stupid, they seem to be able to make very adult choices with very adult consequences. Whether it be drugs or sex or murder, people at that age seem to make choices everyday that society says they aren't ready for. Hopefully they will in fact charge him as an adult in this case.

On the other hand as I have said before, if you make yourself a target or a victim, you will be victimized. Notice that the other gay kids at his school weren't shot. Though I do feel bad that this boy was murdered.

I still don't understand the whole story about his family life, how his parents are wanting to be involved now that he's dead but basically were completely uninvolved for the last year or so. Every story about him has pics of him growing up till about 2 years ago... how do you wipe someone from history like that because they aren't growing up to be what you expected? I want to know where the donated money is being spent. As bad as it is to say, I'm pretty sure the parents are going to use the money for their own benefit.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Jesus. Shot in the head in the middle of class? You know what, just execute the little fucker, don't waste 50 years of my taxes keeping him locked up. He's not useful to society, there's no reason to keep him alive.

That said, I see no reason to hold his parents accountable for his homophobia. Straight kids are just as sexually-confused as gay kids at that age, and it's more reasonable (I think) that it was his instincts that made him react the way he did, not his upbringing. Some people like to point out that homosexuality exists in lots of species, and my grandfather liked to point out (before he died) that all those other species generally kill homosexuals when unwanted advances are made. (He was a biologist and a conservationist, he knew his shit.) That's what I see happened here.

What a sad situation though, regardless of cause.

10. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

believe it or not its more expensive to excute him than to jail him.

11. Elusid

Elusid New Member

That's sad... I wonder why?

12. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I must only have one hand because I find this statement ripe with self-righteousness.

13. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

girls hit on me.

Does that make it any more excusable to shoot them in the head than girls that don't hit on me? :ugh:

14. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

thats because it is bullshit.

15. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Sorry to disappoint, I am not self righteous on this matter. If you decide to operate outside of your societal norms, you should understand you are drawing attention to yourself. If history has taught you nothing, at the very least it should teach you that different people attract attention, whether it be good or bad attention it is still attention.

[​IMG]

16. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Yeah. I bet somebody has shot that broad. Right in the fucking face. They said, "You're not suppose to walk on your hands. I'm gonna shoot you," and that was it. Gone.

And then people made a thread about how sad it was that she was just being herself. She liked to have a little fun. And somebody replied with this post that said, "If she had acted like a normal lady and not stood on her hands, she wouldn't have been an attention whore and make all of the straight males jealous. She would still be alive today. And what a life she could have lived. She'd be making us croissants and cleaning around the toilet that us highly evolved straight males still can't seem to piss directly into."

Yup. I see your point perfectly.

17. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

:rolleyes:

Maybe research before you speak next time? That was found on the first page of the google results. Quit being a negative nacy, because you have your panties in a bunch over me

18. boeingair

boeingair New Member

As much as I am not a kitler fan, he is correct.

I have done a fair amount of research on capital punishment for some debate organizations I have participated in, and with the drawn-out mandatory appeal process, the costs associated with the death penalty are genuinely higher.

19. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

hrmm i don't think he was implying that kit was lying, merely that he disapproved of the higher costs

anywho, what's tragic/ironic is that the kid that shot Larry is probably a closet case himself

yay for heteronormativity

20. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Nah, bullets are cheap. So's the plane ticket for the free trip to Costa Rica that he recently won.

21. zortnac

zortnac New Member

I don't know how you can post something in such completely poor taste.

Following the death of someone who was shot because he dared to be himself, however far from the norm that may be, you imply that he was being an "attention whore."

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  22. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I see where he is coming from. All of us learn in life that there is a time and place for certain everything. Apparently, and sadly, this kid hadn't learned that yet as he probably asked the killer in front of the killer's friends or a large group.

On the bright side, with pretty much life in prison, I'm fairly sure he will get to be someone's bitch pretty quickly. :mamoru: Bet he wishes he had thought his plan through a some more.

23. zortnac

zortnac New Member

I can understand regretting that this kid didn't make the choice to try and curb his personality for the sake of his safety, maybe because that's what one might do in his place.

I can't understand simply waving your hand and saying, "well, that's what happens when you're different." When that's your mentality, where do you draw the line? What if things change, and the mostly-reserved and mostly-straight-acting guys are suddenly seen as "too different," then what? When do we stick up for the people being different, no matter what? Nonetheless, posting the "attention whore" picture was in really shitty taste, and I wanted to say so.

24. Ivan

Ivan New Member

What is wrong here is not that the kid was the way he was, as much as out of the norm it might be, what is wrong here is that you get killed for being yourself.

Trying to justify, even a tiny little bit, what that murderer did because someone was being an "attention whore" is no better than what thousands of homosexual people have been trying to fight against since basically the beginning of time. The ignorance. The hatred. And the executions.

25. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

You can all cry about the reality of the situation. I don't really care. The facts of the matter are:

A: The guy that killed him is wrong for doing it.

B: The boy that got murdered was singled out because of how he acted. No where does it say in ANY story about this case that he was the only openly gay person at the school.

No where did I say it was gross or despicable that this kid was acting the way he acted. No where did I say that the way he was acting was even remotely gay (effeminate /= gay in any sense of the word). What I said is that he attracted bad attention because of the way he acted.

If a woman runs around during spring break showing her tits to crowds of drunk college age men, and she gets groped or her pictures end up all over the internet... thats her fault. Personal responsibility run amok. It's never your own fault, especially if the end result is murder.