MIL 140+ line scores!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by burn__, Apr 26, 2008.

1. burn__

burn__ New Member

just got back from taking the asvab. my AFQT score was a 95, and i had over 140 on all of my line scores except my GT, which was a 135 :bigthumb:

so excited right now. next up is the AFAST! :noes:

are there any books that can help me study up on the AFAST? i downloaded a pdf of a practice test but there are some general cyclical aircraft questions that i have no idea what any of it means. :o

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

There is always someone in Teh Barracks with an answer to your military question. :wiggle:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=53786751&postcount=7
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=60005511&postcount=37

3. burn__

burn__ New Member

youre the best Ranger :bigthumb:

went to 1 library and 3 bookstores before i could find the "Military Flight Aptitude Tests" book.
    The psych eval is what i might have trouble on. i remember not doing so well when i was younger when best buy and all those places made you take that kind of test before you were hired :mamoru:

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Good luck

5. burn__

burn__ New Member

just got my afast score in....

135 :bigthumb:

6. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

congrats

7. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Good job.

8. burn__

burn__ New Member

now i just have to worry about getting a waiver for this little hiccup in my medical history :wtc:

9. burn__

burn__ New Member

whelp...no waiver. :( now a mandatory 1 year wait from this afternoon :wtc:

10. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

What couldn't get waived? Was it your MEPS physical that you couldn't get the waiver for? If you can't get one for that physical then you probably will have even less luck with the flight physical should you choose to wait a year.

11. burn__

burn__ New Member

i was on some medication a few weeks ago for depression/anxiety. doctor wasnt going to write a letter, and the recruiter said it would be best to wait anyways.
    the recruiter was saying how with those types of medication, if its prescribed by a general practitioner, its a mandatory 1 year wait from when i 'officially' stopped taking the medication. but since the doctor never took me off of them, i had to go down there today and make it official that ive stopped taking them. :hs: so the 1 year wait starts from today.

12. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

Yeah that could be a problem. I took a medication for ADD in high school that is usually prescribed for depression. I only took it for about 6 months roughly 7 years ago and my flight physical was DQed initially but I was able to get a waiver, don't know if you would be able to based on how recently you took it.

13. burn__

burn__ New Member

yeah, he said it may still get shot down a year or 2 from now, but to just keep trying. im only 23 so i have a few years left until the age cutoff :x:

14. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

Make sure to use this time to get 6 really strong letters of recommendation, write a good "Why I want to be a WOFT aviator" paper, and get in shape to do well on the apft.

15. burn__

burn__ New Member

yeah. going to focus on getting back into shape so my pft score is well above passing. was pretty stretched for letters of recommendation so at least ill have some time to get 6 and work with the people to make sure they're rock solid. it was a minor setback, but at least this way ill come back in a year or 2 rock solid :coold: always love a good challenge! :bowdown:

16. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Look up your state senators or congressman's local address and go down there. Tell them you what you are trying to do and that you would like to find out what it would take to get a letter of recommendation from them for your WO packet.