TAT 14 g Septum Retainer (*shitty pics*)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cherryfire, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

After a lot of trying to find the time to do it, we were slow enough before work that i could get my septum pierced finally. I've been thinking about it for a long time and finally decided I couldnt live without it. Yanno..i've been asking kids that get it done how it felt and every time the answer has been, "omg..so easy!"

I must be a very special brand of pussy. (Well, yeah but...) I thought this piercing SUCKED. And upon reflection it wasnt really painful persay...but intensely uncomfortable. In one of those, "get the fuck out" types of ways. It was really irritating. I didnt like feeling the three little *pop!pop!pop!* 's as he went through and I really didnt like the sensitivity. I wasnt shocked by the floodgate of tears that immediately followed. All in all, my review on it? Just your typical "noses suck to fuck with" type of piercing.

I decided to go with a septum retainer because I hate captive bead rings. In a month Im going to switch to a continuous ring and I may consider downsizing so that I can wear a more petite piece of jewelry.

Anyway, sorry for the fuzziness on the pictures. Its a camera phone (as if it needed to be said).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is just me shamelessly showing off my new hoops made of Sabo wood. I think theyre just beautiful.
    [​IMG]

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

looks great! i've been toying with the idea of doing this but i'd need to have a way to 100% hide it as soon as i got it

3. Cherryfire

The retainer is an excellent route for those who need to hide it. It flips up entirely into the nose and is completely invisible. You can set it that way from the very day you pierce.

4. Memor

Memor Active Member

Wow, I didn't realize it worked that way

this is tempting...

Earrings look great btw, as does the dermal on your upper chest. As do you :)

5. deathofxromance

deathofxromance New Member

i`ve been thinking about getting my septum pierced.
    the same response i get anytime i mention it is "OMG, you`re not a BULL."
    :squint:

that shit pisses me off.

how small can you get it originally pierced?
    the first pic i thought it was really cute in was:
    [​IMG]

i have a rather high tolerance for pain (but i complain alot)
    how much did it hurt?
    &how long before you could change it?

thanks.

6. Cherryfire

You can pierce as small as 18 gauge.

The pain was moderate, more on the extremely irritating side than actually painful. However, a lot of people I asked beforehand about it likened it to that of a nostril piercing or thought it was even easier than that. Everyone has their own perceptions on pain for each individual piercing.

I can change this retainer into a different piece in one month.

7. Cherryfire

Thanks! The madison (ie: the anchor you see on my neck) healed so well. And the earrings are fantastic, I get a lot of comments. As for me..awww..too kind.

8. audrey

audrey New Member

Nice work miss cherryfire!

I have considered it, but my eyes are waay too sensitive!

9. audrey

audrey New Member

oohhh I had my nostril done years ago. My eyes watered like crazy!!!!!!!!

10. just another guy

just another guy Active Member

damn you look good. the septum piercing only makes you even that much hotter.

11. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

my septum didn't hurt at all and if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten pierced with 12g or even 10g initially to save some time over stretching.

it was also one of the easiest to heal since your nose takes care of itself pretty well, all you need to do is soak it in some warm water when the crusties get bad

12. Cherryfire

I think septum piercings are one of the hottest things a girl can wear.

13. Cherryfire

Yeah, Ive noticed the healing isnt that big of a deal. Spraying H2Ocean up there twice a day has really been the extent of this. As for the pain when I pierced it...yeah, like i said, it wasnt really a pain thing but a sensation thing. I just have never liked feelingevery piece of tissue pierced being passed through. Its the same reason why I dislike ear cartilage piercings. Makes me shudder..

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

Is it kind of the numb sliding feeling you're talking about? I know when I got my nostril pierced i don't think I felt any pain at all, but i could feel the needle sliding through. Didn't mind it though :dunno:

15. Cherryfire

Kinda. For me there was a very slight sharp pain associated with it that I normally never mind at all but combining that with the *pop* sensation that I felt three times as the needle passed through and I just found it gross. And then of course the inevitable tears that came bursting forward just like with anything you do to your nose...the combination of all three I just found unpleasant.

16. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

it looks great, don’t go down in size I think it looks good the way it is. I don't like large gauge septum piercings on girls but too small just looks like a wire. keep it at a 14-12g. I think I had mine pierced at 12.

I'm in the middle of stretching my septum to a 2g. I have a 4g silicone eyelet in there right now. I have to say its one of the most painful things to stretch. it feels fine at first but after a while it gets sore rubbing on the cartilage (at least till it loosens up after a week or 2). and my eyes teared up like crazy when I had it pierced.

retainer, I got mine done when I was 17 and my parents didn’t know for 3 years. it depends on anatomy but I have a 4g eyelet in right now and its completely invisible. I cant even see it when I want to.

17. Memor

Memor Active Member

that's it, i'm sold

18. Memor

Memor Active Member

is the retainer something that you can flip up and down as you please, or once it's set a certain way you need to leave it like that? that might be a stupid question, sorreh

19. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

cherryfire ~ that marilyn (that's what it's called, right? the lip one?) is so cute on you and i love those earrings. you are fucking gorgeous - those lips.... :yum:

20. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

you can flip it up or down however while its healing and you got crusty shit on it I wouldn't move it around cause if that crusty gets in the piercing it hurts like a son of a bitch

21. Cherryfire

werd. I moved it slightly by accident and it had a little bit of dried blood/whatever on it. I was NOT happy.

22. Cherryfire

Monroe. Yeah, its one of my favorites, next to the anchor. As for the earrings, ohhh yes...i adore them. I wear them all the time. Same thing goes for my lips. ;)

23. star tits

star tits Guest

Werd. I get that shit all the time from random people when they see my septum ring. It's rather rude and annoying. But, I love my septum ring and I think it is sexy as hell. So, as long as I love it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

24. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

well I just stretched up to 2g last night. well about 2g, I run a medical tubing extrusion line so I made a hollow rubber taper the other day out of an implantable polyurethane and just cut the end off and left the plug in my septum. I'll post pix when it loosens up a bit and I can get some visible jewelry in there.

25. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Welcome to Septum crew!!!!