GUN 12-year-old shot by booby trap

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lumberton 12-year-old shot by booby trap
    http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3589379/
    Posted: Today at 8:31 a.m.
    Updated: Today at 9:54 a.m.

LUMBERTON, N.C. — A 12-year-old boy was recovering from a shotgun wound he sustained from a booby trap in an unoccupied house, authorities said.

Robeson County Sheriff Ken Sealey said Josh Harold Locklear of Lumberton was shot in the side Sunday after he and a friend entered the house through an open window. The boy was wounded when he saw a box on the floor and tried to lift it.

Sealey said Locklear was in stable condition after surgery at Southeastern Regional Medical Center.

More devices were discovered in the house after police were called, but there was no sign of illegal activity in the building. The sheriff said the investigation is continuing with help from federal agents.

"We've interviewed several witnesses and talked to people who live near the house, but there's still a lot we don't know," Sealey said.

Sealey said the house hadn't been used in several years. Agents were trying to contact the owner, who lived out of the area.

Joe Lenczyk, resident agent in charge of the Fayetteville office of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the devices were crudely made but effective.

"They were designed as weapons in order to injure or kill anyone who tripped the devices," Lenczyk said. "We are looking at how those devices got there and who was responsible for putting them there."

He said whoever set the booby traps could face federal charges because the traps would be classified as destructive weapons.

=======

Little fuck needs to stay out of where he doesnt belong.

2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Poor little breaking and entering kid.

Still deadly booby traps are a bad thing, the man doesn't like them.

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i wonder if the punk, and his buddy's will learn from this.

i want a sign that say tresspassers will be violated.

4. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

My favorite one was out in the country in FL 2 had painted signs, one said "pigs for sale" and the other said "trespassers will be shot."

some how a hand painted I will shoot you sign from a man selling hogs is scarier.

I so far have not been allowed a "we don't dial 911" sign with a pistol on it or a "protected by the second amendment" security alarm type sticker.

5. Jurisbot Esq.

Jurisbot Esq. Don't blame me I voted for Ron Paul. OT Supporter

Spring guns are illegal because it can harm emergency personal entering the premises. Can't use deadly force in a trap if you couldn't justify using it yourself.

Kid will probably get his medical bills from the home owner and the Home owner will probably go to jail or cop a deal with the feds.

6. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Protecting a drug stash, would be my guess.

7. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I think in almost every state but Texas it's illegal to shoot in defense of property. If you're not there you are not in danger of your life or grievous bodily harm, so booby traps pretty much always fall into the category of shooting in defense of property and most likely felonious assault/attempted manslaughter. Every couple years we hear stories like this in northern michigan where some guy will set up his cabin with stringed up shotguns and someone will wander in and get shot/killed. They always go to jail and you can pretty much count on that happening to this guy.