12" powerbook G4

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by stillspiraling, Feb 13, 2004.

1. stillspiraling

stillspiraling Would you like some making fuck, BERSERKER

any owners here? I have an extremely fast desktop with EVERYTHING I need so this will be something to carry around and code on, etc. And I want to get to know the mac OS a lot more. Maybe picking one up next week :x:

ALso, any good locations to look other than ebay? I'd prefer used, price wise :)

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

My ex-girlfriend's dad is a Mac dealer, and he has one. I've used it and it's a pretty awesome laptop. I'd love to have one, it's very portable and very fast. I'd have to say a PowerBook is the best laptop you can get if you want to spend that much money :)

3. ash43by

ash43by Guest

can't beat educational pricing.

4. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

5. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I just picked one up this weekend. So far I think this is THE best laptop for the price. I was telling another member ealier that the Powerbook line is more "refined" than other laptops. The attention to detail is top-noch and has not been duplicated. I do very little programming but I do work with web page design to an extent as well as some hefty video editing. The OS is top notch; the setup was almost non-existant, and it is SO easy to use and find stuff. (it might take a little while to get use to though) I say go for it, if you're actually open minded to other platforms, I think you will be hard pressed to be disappointed.